Dragon Soul Mounts

Has anyone else had a tough time farming Experiment 12-B and the Blazing Drake from DS? I looked yesterday after doing my weekly mount runs on all my toons and I now have 256 DS runs across 9 characters and I have not seen either of these mounts drop. On WoWHead a lot of people have also mentioned the difficulty in farming these mounts, so is this drop chance potentially bugged? Or am I just having terrible RNG with this raid?

Any info/help would be appreciated! I farm it weekly on 8 (recently 9) toons on 25M Heroic.

I was lucky in getting 12-B drop on my first time, but I have yet to finish the raid since I hate Spine so much!

Just RNG unfortunately. I still don’t have blazing drake after 340+ runs. Still don’t have invincible after 1250+ :confused: Thing with RNG is it all evens out in the long run though. You’ll get lucky on some, unlucky on others

Edit: Oh wait, I have blazing drake, I don’t have lifebinder’s handmaiden…

Very true. I did get the Mythic Nighthold mount on my 3rd run, so I guess DS is just my unlucky raid lol. Thanks for the feedback!

I got Blazing Drake, but could care less. I think that’s the secret. I’m pretty sure there’s an AI embedded that knows I simply want Queen’s Garnets, so it gives me the drakes instead.

1 Like

Kill DW on 25N for your chance to get blazing drake, not heroic.

it took me 60? runs total on 2 toons to get all the mounts from DS, blazing, experiment, lifebinders. maybe 70 but definitely not 100. Took me 4,000 kills to get the infinite timereaver.

1 Like

Started farming this recently again for awake the drakes, last one I needed was blazing. Got both mounts at once off heroic spine on my 5th character?

1 Like

You get a chance for either or both on heroic.

1 Like

I know this is old…… but…. I saw 3 life binders on heroic. Did 25 normal, got the blazing on my 60th DS run.

On heroic you have a chance to get one or the other or both, chances are high you’ll get life binders before Blazing.

You can’t get binders on normal, so if a drake drops on normal, it’s guaranteed blazing.

I know what I’m talking about

1 Like

I got B-12 before one of the Deathwing mounts. I got lucky for sure. RNG is terrible at times. You’ll get it!