Dragon Reproduction [Chronormu]

Dragon shapeshifting is, last I checked limitless in potential, a dragon male or female could take on the appearance of the opposite sex/gender and for all intents and purposes be biologically that in every way. Dragon shapeshifting in -general- is that; you -are- that form in all ways except spiritually/mentally and get all benefits of being in that form.

6 Likes

Has me also wonder if former king Mechagon’s mechoriginator considered the visage form a gnome. :thinking:

CHROME-E says: Calibrating timeline occurrence. Speculating. You have been fooled.

This. Chromie isn’t going to be laying eggs anytime soon.

1 Like

Fyi, It’s usually accepted to call a trans person by their preferred pronouns, even if you’re talking about a time before they transitioned. So, you should call her “she.”

Chronormu is female in both forms. We have even seen her dragon form in game.

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/story/short-story/visage-day

Take a look at the top of the page. You can see she is clearly female. We’ve also seen Chromie in dragon form multiple times in-game.

Here’s one example.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=30997/chromie

Edit: Should’ve probably reread before upvoting OP.

2 Likes

Until somebody forgets Chromie isn’t biologically female anyway.

Edit: I guess the above indicates that they do change their sex if they like but only when they lock in their final identity.

so Chromie can have children? Her body is that of a female?
When I was playing dragon isles the majordomo guy sounded female in vulpera form but male in dragon form.

Yes

Selistra is nonbinary, and I’m pretty sure most dragons get deeper voices in their dragon form.

2 Likes

Regarding male/female dragon forms…other than Alex/Ysera other female dragons who wear jewelry in that form, there’s no sexual dimorphism in dragon forms so looking at one you can’t automatically say “that’s a female dragon” unless you can see their name (and thus use the naming conventions of their flight) or if they’re wearing jewelry. Gender-wise Chromie is female. Biologically unless dragons can alter their sex via shapeshifting (in their true dragon form I mean, the visage can obviously be whatever they want) you’d think Chronormu would’ve done so before her visage day.

So… Wrathion can turn female, lay eggs and then switch back to male and… you know birds and the bees?

So this whole storyline about a last male remaining dragon isn’t that big of a deal anymore.

Ok, so looking at some old Drake models, I am not sure if low poly old models had any difference between male and female. Huh. Well, the art from Visage Day, which I linked, has feminine features.

I bet if one went looking through Dalaran’s libraries they could find a spell to change a person’s biological gender through magical means. It is magic after all. It can do the things that science is currently limited by.

Dragons, having the capacity to cast magic, might find such spells trivial.

Chromie’s dragon body, to the best of my knowledge, is male. Currently unable to bear children. However, if she wanted to change to full female and become a dragon mom, it’s probably within her capabilities to either do it or have it done. In the end, it’s a relative non-issue.

4 Likes

I would not call her a trans nor Conflago a genderfluid. Deppens if it’s just a change of appearance or an actual biological change of sex. So far opinions had been mixed.

What you can take form that aspect of the story is that Blizzard wanted to make a political statement in favor those that advocate the non-binary, fluid gender, point of view.

If I remember correctly, I think blizz did confirm that Chromie is indeed a trans woman.

From a human point of view, it looks like it. But if a male dragon can change its gender and sex to female then Chromie would be a genuine female.

True, but I think her dragon form is still technically a male, she just identifies as a woman.

Chromie is now biologically female. When she chose her visage, her dragon form changed to match.

1 Like

Well, that’s good to know. Thanks for the info. Actually didn’t know that. :smiley:

From the implication, at least what we’ve seen so far, dragons can’t seem to alter their primary forms much, if at all. Those forms can be changed a bit, often by outside means, such as what we see with Blues and their Arcane decor, but that default dragon form can’t be changed all that much. Otherwise there wouldn’t be much stopping a drake from transforming into a fully fledged dragon.

Their Visages are a different matter and seem like fairly limitless shapeshifting. If they can have kids in that form is up in the air, that said. A dragon that deliberately wanted to have a mortal child, in a Visage that’s a mortal woman, would probably need to stay in that form for the duration.

1 Like

Blizzard lore confuses me at this point.

Can we have one final chronicles book? Not a chronicles 4, but a “One Chronicle to Rule them all” where we get some definitive lore that is created with the intention of actually giving the possibility of coherent and consistent lore. No more retcons. I don’t care if they do retcon in that chronicle, I just want a total reset at this point, with proper answers, and then hope for the love of God, that the storyteam can stop constantly retconning and changing lore on a whim.

1 Like