Dragon Isles theorycrafting and related lore

if anything it has done the opposite.

1 Like

He’s also very much dead for a really long now. So unless we have the reveal that he was raised from undeath, while was everyone was focusing on the Scourge and the Shadowlands… I don’t see how he could come back.

Really? How so?

No one cares about the new lore being introduce man.
Shadowlands is the first installement that is all new, it reads like fan fiction of the couple iconic characters go on a fieldtrip somewhere that is so far removed from warcraft its not even in the same realm of reality.

If there is anything that has been proven is people want to go back.
All this new lore and story development is deeply unpopular, BFA started out strong but quickly devolved into a mess that was built to make shadowlands happen.
Well shadowlands is here now and it was not worth the cost.

We need to go back to the old warcraft days, when life more simple.

6 Likes

Shadowlands was intended first judging from the tower floating above the Tomb of Sargeras in the Legion Trailer.

BFA in otherwords was only halfway made in conception by the time they rushed it out.

Furthermore the Titan Facility in the Tomb of Sargeras plus the Gamescom statement of the Nightmare serving the Legion and the Cut Audio of Xavius mentioning loyalty to the Legion implies that the Legion was going to end with a showdown against an Avatar of Sargeras-possessed N’Zoth.

Of course Thal’Dranath was scrapped for Argus due to Legion Fatigue which also turned the Twisting Nether Expansion into the Shadowlands Expansion which I presume turned Ny’alotha and the Black Forest into Drustvar(Witch Cults are well known to be Nyarlathotep’s thing) while dumping half of the Sleeping City’s Mad Things into the Visions of N’Zoth Patch as Void Anubisaths while keeping the ones actually advertised at Gamescom as Inquisitors.

If this sounds better than what we got: Remember Zack Snyder’s Justice League which was the original planned version of Justice League that was ultimately released making Fans happy and as such WoW is more than capable of having the old Stories brought back provided pressure is put on WoW’s President to have that version.

Seems like a stretch.

Looking at the trailer, sure you can claim it’s a reflected tower. However, that doesn’t mean it’s supposed to be Torghast. It could have just as easily been Antorus, assuming it’s actually a tower coming through the Felstorm and not just a visual effect that looks like a tower. Due to them seemingly getting rid of the idea upon launch, they could have simply taken it as inspiration for what they did for Shadowlands.

It doesn’t really suggest “Death”/Shadowlands/Torghast at all though.

This wasn’t really cut. We knew Xavius was teaming with the Legion since the end of WoD. It wasn’t him being loyal to the Legion though, he was still 100% working for N’zoth. He was just helping the Legion because it was beneficial for N’zoth. Helping the Legion weaken the planet and wipe out Azeroth’s protectors would have completely opened the way for N’zoth’s takeover. It’s why the Old Gods have multiple times allowed and encouraged Burning Legion assaults.

It doesn’t at all however imply or suggest a showdown against an Avatar of Sargeras possessed N’zoth. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

1 Like

That doesn’t look like a floating tower to me. It looks exactly like one of the Legion space ships hanging upside down, complete with the fel green energy covering it.

I see the bit about Xavius working with the Legion, which we already know to be true.

I don’t see how you get to N’zoth possessing the Avatar though. That’s a huge reach.

Fiery Orange Gaping Maw the same color as Sargeras(who is Orange), Glowing Orange Eyes, desire to end all Life on Azeroth via the Hour of Twilight rather than create a Dark Titan(with Murozond claiming the True End Time being a blessing we cannot begin to comprehend) and N’Zoth seemingly being located at the Tomb of Sargeras in the Chronicle Vol.1 Map…

Logistically you would think this all adds up to the Avatar of Sargeras deciding to possess it’s fellow prisoner after being kicked out of Medivh by Lothar decapitating him.

Wait, you thought the Avatar would possess N’zoth? Now I’m really confused.

Because pre-Legion, the thing that was locked up in the Tomb was the shell of the Avarat, the corpse or husk. The animating spirit had left it when it fell and jumped into Aegwynn. The corpse/shell/husk was certainly malevolent and powerful, but not possessed of will or intellect. There is nothing there to possess N’zoth. That part went off with Aegwynn, transferred to Medihv, and eventually got banished to the Twisting Nether, all because it couldn’t do as it desired and possess it’s own shell.

There’s nothing there to jump into a N’zoth body, nor hints that N’zoth was going to show up at all in Legion, beyond Xavier doing Nightmare things.

Gul’dan in the flashbacks seen in WC3 The Frozen Throne notices Sargeras taunting him in the Tomb of Sargeras so Sargeras was intended to be there despite The Last Guardian Novel released before WC3 having his host’s head chopped off in Karazhan causing his Spirit to depart to who knows where in front of Khadgar.

N’Zoth I repeat was shown on the WoW Chronicle Vol.1 Map to be roughly where the Tomb of Sargeras was south of Suramar!

I think the illusion that they plan ahead has been thoroughly shattered, if not by their choices and reactions to our reactions, then by Ion quite literally saying major 9.1 story beats were finalized as late as January of this year.

Very, very little is threaded.

And where they do thread, they completely forget prior canon (e.g. the Sylvanas Wound being her clavicle as per Chronicles art when it was her abdomen as per the Arthas novel).

Do any of you sew or have stitched something?

It’s like when you’re still a noob at threading and you forget to pull the full length of thread after the first stitch, so you run out of thread at the end, and you have a bunch of loose, extra, unusable thread where your first stitch is.

2 Likes

Or he saw an illusion or vision of Sargeras, as has widely been interpreted. Which goes a long way to explain why a fully present Sargeras avatar wasn’t walking around after TFT. And why it was a bunch of demons and not Sargeras (or the animated Avatar) himself that killed Gul’dan.

I know where N’zoth was shown to be located. I get that. But just being nearby doesn’t translate to “also a prisoner in the same Tomb, waiting to be possessed by the spirit of the Avatar that decided not to just reanimate it’s own remains”.

I’m just not seeing it. It’s all way too circuitous logic for a Blizzard original intent.

1 Like

The point of Gul’dan “seeing Sargeras” taunting him in the Tomb was that the warlock was hallucinating as he bled to death from his wounds and came to terms with having been a dupe who was used by Sargeras all along and then discarded. Using his blood to paint fel runes on the walls probably wasn’t helping with his lucidity either.

It wasn’t meant to actually suggest there was another intelligence “projecting” what he saw. Gul’dan was basically losing his mind as he bled to death.

(Which was itself a bit of a retcon; WC2 had him outright torn apart by the demons upon entering, but WC3 (more specifically TFT) changed that to him stumbling and bleeding through the Tomb after being ambushed by them and losing his entourage of followers, and in WoW his headless, but otherwise intact skeleton can be found in the raid.)

4 Likes

This made me laugh.

I have been hemming and sewing up my clothes since High School. I am far from a pro, just barely serviceable at it. I still do that with the thread if I am not focusing.

1 Like

So I was thinking about the Dragon Isles and I couldn’t help but wonder if the expansion would introduce playable dragons, like a playable version of the dragon man model seen by Maloriak in Blackwing Descent and Kyrak in UBS.

Granted Blizzard did back away from neutral races after the Pandaren but with how the current team likes to think they can do things better and the fact dragons are rather popular, I could see them including them as a way to help draw people back in.

Though if such a thing were to happen, I’m unsure if it would follow the pandaren system of leveling from 1 - 10 and then picking your faction or if Blizzard would set up as flight membership for the factions. Like say the Horde has access to dragomen from the black dragonflight because they swore their allegiance to Ebonhorn or Sabellian and his brood join the Horde.

1 Like

That would be MoP imo.

All the major antagonists are all WoW original characters.

1 Like

Yes, but…

MoP was good. Shadowlands is the anti-good.

Shadowlands is the Erevien of expansions.

6 Likes

Hey now… that’s too harsh on Shadowlands.

2 Likes

MoP was still based on pre-existing wow world building.
We knew of panderia and the old gods.

Shadowlands its 100% completely new. First ones, old ones, middle ones, 3D printers and happy meals. All new straight from the brilliant mind of Mr. Danuser.

2 Likes

Maybe they’d start at a higher level. Like the Demon Hunters did during Legion.

Perhaps we could get one of those dragonkin as a playable race. iirc Maloriak was mutated much faster and through different means by Nefaraian. Still a good idea.

Pandaria and Pandaren go all the way back to Warcraft 3. Funnily, it started as a joke, but devs and fans liked the idea, and it grew into something good.

2 Likes