Draconid allied race

Draconids would look funny on a mount.

1 Like

Maybe they could just have a mode to run fast, like worgen. Or have a visage form and it would auto be set as visageform upon mounting

We already have a whole megathread about this:

And to refute your beliefs, I have extreme doubts that they’ll add two dragon races in one expansion, especially when drakonids run into the same visual problem as dracthyr, which is having bodies that weren’t designed with gear in mind and potentially needing to be remade from the ground up like nightborne were in BfA, on top of just being an unremarkable and underdeveloped race narratively.

Nah unless they make it so you can choose your visage form race. Even then, I don’t want to run around on a mount in a visage form. I want to play a dragon, not a human/elf with dragon scales and horns.

1 Like

Werent nightborns on the same model as nightelves??

Nope.

I think they got that animation from TNG.

They used new models built on night elf rigs but with slightly changed animations, which isn’t the same as using the night elf models verbatim, then those models had to be completely rebuilt for them to be made playable in BfA because the originals were designed for NPC use only.

1 Like

They’d make another model with gear in mind. Like Nightbourne, Zandalari, and so on.

If we can have four flavours of Elf, we can manage two draconic races. Especially when Dracthyr qualifies more as a class than it does a race.

If I could be a Drakonid hunter I would race change so fast.

2 Likes

A Drakonid Paladin would finally be a Paladin I could really get into.

1 Like

Honestly wish we got Drakonid instead of Dracthyr.

1 Like

Here’s the thing: if your goal is to make dragons playable, Drakonid aren’t going to scratch that itch. They can’t fly. They (generally) can’t breathe fire. They don’t do any inherently draconic spellcasting. All those things were what Blizzard took as the unique and iconic dragon abilities and refined them into the Dracthyr.

Unfortunately, they left a lot on the cutting floor. The physicality, the presence, the size, the sheer power of dragons… Dracthyr do not capture any of that. But Drakonid do.

As such, I think that people would have a very different opinion about Dracthyr if Drakonid were launched alongside them. Together, you get the full fantasy. People’s expectations were not met with Dracthyr, so I think they get a lot of undeserved hate based upon not what they are, but what they are not.

1 Like

Yes you are OP, they aren’t happening. They ended allied races in BFA. Your either happy with drac’thyr or your not and you play something else. Draconids aren’t happening.

Excerpt from a recent interview:

What about the Drakonid, then? “When it comes to expanding [the Dracthyr] to other things I think that’s a future conversation that we’ll have about what opportunities make sense, and even opportunities for allied races, too,” Dawson tells PCGamesN. “We’re always having conversations about how can we include more things in that, too. I think going to the Dragon Isles offers us more opportunity to consider things there.

“We take a look at some of the fan-favourite things, listen to what the requests are, have internal conversations because everyone on the team is always requesting stuff like this too, and we make decisions based on what’s in the best interest of the community.”

He does, however, pretty much nail the coffin of a Dracthyr warrior class shut. “For the Dracthyr specifically we did want to pair the race and the class together tightly, so I wouldn’t expect to see any Dracthyr warriors in the near future.”

Don’t hold your breath. Remember what they said about dance studio? new dances in WOTLK? Vash’jir underwater raid? WoD train system? Ogre race? Etc, etc. All that statement says is “we arent closed off to adding new allied races in the right condition” but honestly they don’t wanna admit they are done with it.

1 Like

Yes,yes,yet take it there,op.I feel this relationship will change soon and we will become enemies,nothing is peaceful last long in wow,we turn and the dark has it’s own plans.

Paltry examples when stacked up against the amount of content that has been delivered.

Whoes plan was it? theirs or ours wants,that is the difference. if they plan for it it would’ve already been but if we wanted it unplanned it’s more of a no go.

Honestly would be fine with Dracthyr AND Drakonid.

If we can have eight trillion elves, two of which have the exact same silhouette (void and blood) then we can have two dragon-themed races dangit.

3 Likes