DPS overlords of SoM = Warlock

https://vanilla.warcraftlogs.com/reports/y97fpbvn8MWqD6CX#type=damage-done&boss=-3&difficulty=0

Enough said…

1 Like

But Ret’s better

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be shocked since they can actually stack all of their dots without worry of hitting the debuff limit on raid bosses. Usually what limited them a bit I’m classic parses.

1 Like

I knew this weeks ago… Locks are the new Fury War’s for SOM.

Yep the zug zugs are having a hard time coping already.

2 Likes

Post on your som character, i just wanna see something

4 Likes

One druid in a 40 man. OOF!

No one cares about Alliance data.

3 Likes

remember when people said removing the debuff limit was a minor thing and warlocks would still be lame compared to warriors/rogues? lol

1 Like

Removing WBs is far more impactful…

Good for warlocks, I’m happy for them.

But don’t call it too soon, warriors haven’t gotten geared yet. :grin:

At the very least though it’s good, there seems to be a bit more parity among dps classes now. Hunters doing pretty good also.

3 Likes

This doesn’t actually shows anything apart from how bad the warriors in that guild are. Look at the class rankings and warrs and rogues are still miles ahead of warlocks.

4 Likes

Yes, 3 of the 4 warriors are dedicated tanks, and the one DPS warrior is using double thrash and has pretty bad gear. Just give it a few weeks for the R14 warriors, and those lucky enough to get an early DB, etc. to come out of the woodwork. As rogues work on completing their T0.5 set and get some rank gear they will shoot up as well. Early parses will definitely not favor the more gear dependent melee dps, and as guilds figure out the new encounters, which are easier for RDPS to learn how to get the best uptime, etc.

But again props to those two warlocks at the top, they are def pumpin. The SoM itemization, with all the early accessible +spell damage gear is great for them I can see.

2 Likes

Need a little more time with a little more gear to see how it pans out , but I’m not shocked at all that warlocks are doing well early on.

Yeah I’d give it like 2-3 weeks before warlocks drop and the melee are back on top.

2 Likes

Nah ranged will be top forever.

I love how you link a single log and think it indicates range are top dps in week 2 of SoM lol. Once again showing the wow classic forums how intelligent you are.

2 Likes

It’s the future.

1 Like

It’ll be a sad day for your lock when you’re getting out dpsed by rogues with no consumes while you’re popping 200g worth of consumes lol.

1 Like

I’m playing rogue so I don’t see how that would happen.