DPS loss talent

Not every talent choice is perfectly balanced, we get it. It’s fine…

But we had this joke you call a talent for almost 2 years now… Any plans on changing it??

I was told that the only way this gets read, is to put it in the mage forums.

Then you are out of luck.
Imgur

Just delete it and post it in your own class forums.

8 Likes

Talent tuning and design have left a lot to be desired these last few expansions. I am curious if there will be any change in how they approach tuning with the introduction of talent trees in 10.0.

1 Like

Someone lied to you. Blues don’t read the Mage forums (or likely any class forums). I don’t even remember the last ‘blue’ post we had on here, and then it was probably to tell us that someone is getting nerfed.

We do feel your pain though, we have quite a few talents that are actual dps losses to take. GS was broken due to corruptions in 8.3, so they nerfed it and everything else to the point where that talent is so bad its never worth taking. To counter it, they made one of the other talents on that row mandatory for normalised dps and built a whole system around it which is pretty gross gameplay.

2 Likes

I can agree, all DPS loss talents should be buffed / reworked, for both Mages and other classes.

On the side note, about posting in Mage forums to be heard - all Arcane Mages can react like this (remove space after bing. if needed):
th.bing. com/th/id/R.8764c14719bd7f43920b6f6041eedf12?rik=pgEPjzNlMv6iFA&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Blizz hasn’t achieved acceptable spec balance in years, idk why people continue to think it’s going to happen.

The reason why we are going to talent trees in 10.0 is this, at least for 1 of the reasons. The current system is garbo, most of the “talents” are ded, and many are a dps loss. Not to meant they are boring af.

:unamused:
dang… I thought the grass’d be greener on this side

It’s never greener, it just looks that way from over there.

We all suffer equally under blizz’s balancing incompetence.

Almost 10 years of the “superior” MoP talent tree, and they still can’t balance it.

At least they finally admitted they were wrong and we’re getting a real talent tree system again.

They stopped putting effort into the balancing with talent trees since Legion. This isn’t a 10 years problem.

1 Like

I thought this thread was about Supernova.

1 Like