DPS getting slapped hard in dungeons: what’s the problem?

Context: I’m leveling my Preservation Evoker. The first 2 dungeons went fine, but by the 3rd I’ve started seeing huge issues with DPS players getting their sense kicked in because a random trash mob sneezed in their general direction. As far as I can tell, they aren’t ripping aggro, but it seems like a lot of trash in these dungeons just like to turn on random players and shove them in the dirt before I can even finish a cast to keep them alive.

On a related note: DPS please for the love of all that is holy stop running away from me. Nothing grinds my gears more than having a chunky aoe go out only for the Mage to be off in Wonderland and the Hunter off in Narnia

1 Like

I noticed that a lot tanking. Stuff turns and WTFPWNS people. My interrupt doesn’t seem to work and the stun is on a long cooldown assuming even that works so no clue if the DPS is just supposed to sidestep or what. Lots of big swirly stuns with unclear boarders. Think I’m out but still get hit.

People should just not speed run. It is that simple. Not until everyone is used to the mechanics.

5 Likes

My fave is when every lfg tank pulls 4-6 packs of adds at once, dps getting chunked left and right in a global, tank self healing out of control, who knows which adds are even doing what

Needless to say heroics are smoother at the moment

Good to know. I’m not usually one to panic when it comes to healing, and leveling dungeons got me panicking

this pull everything you can mentality started getting bad back in WOD leveling wise, and it hasn’t seemed to stop getting worse. Basically they think a normal dungeon is chromie time equivalent but then everyone gets rocked. cant say i think it will get any better sadly.

1 Like

I love when the tank pulls a bunch of adds in that one dungeon where everyone gets aoe feared for 7sec into more adds

Take tremor totem.

It’s not bad if the tanks go a decent pace but some think they can ignore every mechanics while it’s insta gibbing anyone not 70 ina normal.

Tanks need health nerfs and/or self healing nerfs hard. Taken em down a notch.

Every heroic ive done has been smooth, every normal has bad tanks going gogogo and cant handle it, like theyve watched streamer tanks do it in beta or something

The gnoll rot dungeon seemed to have a lot of mobs that would randomly fixate, bladestorm,

1 Like

Things might change a bit when m+ starts. Also, I think healing tanks might be optimal even if they can theoretically keep themselves up since tanks seem to have a much higher ceiling for AoE DPS.

The last two seasons were so easy everybody thought they were invincible. Enjoy healing.

Oh boy let me get my :popcorn: for the Giga Chad DPS that is going to come in here and type git gud.

best is when they say “you let me die.”

I’ve has that issue on my paladin in pvp in classic.

Dumb paladin not healing in tower.

umm, no you keep on running around in circles on the tower los’ing me. I don’t follow those to be healed. stand still (or at least in my line of sight) you will be healed. simple really