DPs balance in M+ is so bad - has huge negative impacts

Every spec is capable without cookie cutter groups or carries. Just because you’re bad at the game doesn’t mean everyone is.

I still disagree. If you don’t play to the meta then you’ll be penalized unless you have a carry at your beck and call. This game isn’t designed to let you play the way you want.

Your argument isn’t going to work by making it personal.

No, balance plays a huge role in it. In my last M+, there were two survival hunters and me (SP) and I came no where close to the dps they did unless they used the haste relic. All of us were in very similar ilvl gear. But then when you look at the rankings, they are S rank and SP is low B rank.

You’re free too but you’re 100% wrong.

Again false.

Yes you can. Literally have done a majority of my keys this season as BM.

It’s not personal. It’s an observation based on your statements showing you don’t have a clue.

Disagree. You live only in your own world.

Wrong. Not everyone is you or the data you like to throw around.

You have. Not others.

You took it personally when I made my first reply.

Pretty much driven by the fact mythic+ only cares about 1 damage profile no matter what.

So every season the best specs at burst aoe are meta.

Unless you’re a rogue and they didn’t explicitly design the seasonal affix to not make you 100% mandatory like Awakened and Encrypted.

1 Like

Rets are doing +26’s! Rets are contributing! They do just as good as everyone else! It’s only a 1… Err 43% difference…

/s

3 Likes

BUFF ME

10 char

1 Like

Nah, I live in the world where I know how RIO works.

RIO tracks all mplus keys

Which means it can be done.

I dont take anything from you personal. You just fanboy try to troll me.

That doesn’t mean you can disregard bad player experiences.

You assumed this. If you’re this delicate then maybe take a break from the forum.

Just be a good (member of your class). People understand that the player isn’t the only possible limiting reagent these days. If you start a group or get into a group, do your best to play well - interrupt, self heal, use your utility. Be a good you. There’s more to timing keys than just your dps.

1 Like

They are doing 28s so yeah.

Not all. If people have hide their information from R-IO.

1 Like

Balance plays a role in it when you get to the point you literally can’t time the key because of dps. Sp has done 27s.

Just because SPs have done 27s doesn’t mean it is balanced. There should not be a huge gap between specs when doing anything. Especially when everyone is wearing comparable gear. People need to get off of the “well, they’ve done 27s so everything must be fine” kick. It isn’t fine and it needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Bad player experience doesnt change anything. Considering 20s are puggable and every class is capable their personal experience is anecdotal and doesnt change that each spec is capable of doing 20s.

Pointing out the obvious backhanded comment isnt me taking it personal. Its me pointing out how weak your argument is because you dont have a clue what you are talking about but thats normal for you.

Maybe you should take a break considering all you do is troll.

We live in a world where some pulls have 1 mob and some pulls have 15 mobs. If the 1 mob lasts 3 minutes (like let’s say, a boss) while the 15 mobs last 1 minute, the 15 mob pull still has a FAR higher contribution to overall DPS, even though in this hypothetical optimizing your DPS on the 3 minute fight has far more time-savings.

TL;DR: Single-target damage profiles show up incredibly poorly on damage meters but do have some influence on success in keys. Overall damage is not the end-all be-all.

And before anyone says anything, I know that AE damage is the most important damage profile, but I think even with that taken into consideration people put a bit too much emphasis on it. It would behoove you all to look at your details and inspect boss damage at the end of your run and consider the contribution on boss fights for the DPS in your party, not just overall damage.

1 Like

No because you’re assuming the player is flexible.

I didn’t say that you used carries. You assumed I did.

Which is taking it as a personal attack on your player skill.

I was not aware your ego was that fragile today.

It means as of right now sp are balanced for 27s.

If you can link your sp that has 27s done I’d 100% tell you that you are correct. But until you are at that point, it’s not balance.

It’s skill, knowledge and community perception.

Just because people have done a specific level of M+ does not mean that it is balanced. Ever heard of Boosts? I hear they are all the rage.

Below are the rankings from Icy Veins. It was last updated on June 8, 2022. If the game was properly balanced then there wouldn’t be S, A, B, C tiers. Blizzard has done a terrible job at balancing their classes/specs and everyone should be demanding that they do a better job instead of being their white knights.

Imgur

Edit:
I’d also like to add a photo from R-IO that shows what % of specs do M+ 25 and above. This too demonstrates the lack of balance:

Imgur

1 Like