DPS All Specs/ 3 Mins

Good Morning,

So just doing a single target rotation on Raiders Training Dummy for 3 mins.

Demo: 13K
Aff: 12.2k
Destro 11.5K

Does this seem about right? Just a lot of people playing Destro over Aff so wondering if Aff still has higher Single Target damage?

Affliction has higher ST damage but most people find it significantly harder to play when trying to manage dots while doing mechanics, myself included. I do more damage on the dummies but nowhere near more damage in raid.

Actually, after the pet changes/UA nerf in 8.1 + the Demo buffs, Demo seems to do higher damage for me in every scenario.

Weird. Half the argument in favor of Affliction is that their sensitivity to movement is much much lower than the other two. Not only is a much larger portion of their rotation spent using instacast abilities (~30%, compared to 15-20% for the other two), but they still maintain a fairly appreciable portion of their DPS while moving even for long periods of time. They can also move basically whenever they want, with the DPS loss just being a moderate amount from early refreshes on their DoTs. The only period they are really planted is when spooling up for their Darkglare + Deathbolt wombo combo.

2 Likes

Demo’s kicking @$$. 11.5k vs 12.2k is a pretty small spread. That’s roughly 5% over Destro. Depending on individual skill level, stat priority, azerite choices, etc., etc., it’s difficult to really draw much from just those scores.

Now if you stacked everything in FAVOR of Destro and it’s still doing worse in ST, that’s a different story.