Double ret blinding light gimmick

So with a holy pally or disc priest, has anyone tried to play with double ret to chain blinding light after baiting trinket with a stun, followed by chained BL’s while staying in range to keep our auto attack from breaking it.

Now with the buff to FV it’d be even stronger. It’d essentially be like a 8 sec stun where both rets would dump, FR, DT, HoW, and FV with support dmg from a holy pally or disc priest.

Perhaps it’s too gimmicky, but lookign to try it out.

It always breaks for me regardless of what type of damage is done. So i doubt it would work. The tooltip is 100% false. Even consecration seems to bust it. Go do some testing for us lol.

Well for me the only dmg, besides our auto attack, that has broken it is wake of ashes and that’s because it’s radiant dmg.

So you’d just have to turn away for a second while casting it and then cast FV. Make sure that 100% of all dmg is holy during that time.

You’re likely not seeing some damage being done during Blinding Light.

I can say without a doubt in 2v2 arena with a healer that Blinding Light does not break on holy damage.

Well if thats accurate then the blinding light meme comp should work

It could, but double Blinding Light would not work the way the OP is thinking of.

There’s no point to stacking BL’s on top of each other because you only need 3 GCDs to get your rotation off. Instead, you’d use the second BL 1 minute later when your second burst c/d is ready.

I was thinking more like bait trinket with stun then BL for full burst dump, with the second adding an extra 3 sec of CC, But I like that idea better once CDs come back to use the second BL.

Are the TV conduit abilities all holy dmg? Also i think macros would have to be made to stop auto attacks from happening if thats even possible. Unless it goes something like 2 wings, 2 judgement, 2 blades, 2 TVs, and hopefully 2 wraths finishes them off.

Also have to force the trinket somehow before the setup.

Edit: i forgot 2 final reckonings

Macros only good for if you don’t have FV, so It’d be something like this.

Force trinket, BL, WINGS-DT-FR-FV-JUDGE-HOW-FV X2, with dps support from holy pally or disc priest,

The best part is that defensive that can be cast while stunned won’t be able to with this strat.

The thing is you’d most likely have to have one person delay their burst long enough to be able to get the second DL between spells, and you’d have to make 100% sure you aren’t accidentally auto attacking.

It could work, however also keep in mind that disorients randomly face the target, meaning it’s possible for both players to be facing in different directions, which may give them a chance to respond.

Sounds like you need to watch this man. :slight_smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3XuQioOsxU