Dont use ConsolePort - just got banned

Check YouTube. There are people who raid with a controller. Anything is possible.

This is what scares me with my G600.

Don’t be scared. The kid was botting using a lua unlocker and injecting. its ironic that HE is the only one banned using this software right in the middle of a ban wave!

They didn’t even give us a warning or anything. Using controller should NOT be bannable.

1 Like

False. And you know it is, because you’ve seen the CS forums and trolled there, as well.

multiboxxing isnt against tos. you can still multibox, you just cant duplicate inputs to multiple clients at the same time with hardware/software. the method you described would be 100% legal as you arent broadcasting and duplicating inputs to multiple clients at the same time.

youd need to have 4 arms and hands. and in that case, theres a very strong argument that it still isnt breaking multoboxxing rules since youre still controlling both screens. Lol.

for the record, i dont like multiboxxers any more than anyone else. I have 1 account that i play on. that account is now banned for using consoleport.

ALRIGHT, good news. My brother just got unbanned. So you guys should be getting unbanned pretty soon. That was a fast fix!

1 Like

People really seem to overestimate how hard games are on controller. The biggest issue is bindings and that is easily solved with a half decent PC optimized controller.

Anything done in-game with macros or addons should be perfectly safe. The part of ConsolePort that runs as a separate program outside of WoW is what’s triggering the ban.

1 Like

Considering they added controller support, no, it shouldn’t be.

By the way, if y’all get your accounts unlocked, I’d suggest reading this thread for Blizz’s native controller setup and commands.

Unban wave is going out right now. Hang tight guys!

1 Like

Makes me want to see someone mythic raiding on a DDR pad.

1 Like

I love using consoleport for a few characters but I dont have any other programs running to manage it. I think the previous version may have required a separate program to run in the background but its all just an addon now.

But you wouldn’t be able to control all those inputs simultaneously.

1 Like

Oh interesting, that’s news to me. I tried it maybe a couple years ago back when it still needed the app running in the background.

That sucks dude, now I’m wondering about my Logitech software for my mouse and keyboard.

I wonder how macros fall into this statement. Macros give a definite advantage over players that don’t use them. I guess macros are an “intended advantage”?

YAY! Here’s hoping they fix it for everyone else. I find it extremely inappropriate that they’d ban first and then research. Piss poor customer service, imo.

Right?! :pensive:

It is MUCH improved even since BFA! Try it again some day. Binds and even the UI for programming them are so much better.

Should be fine as long as you don’t use any kind of macro features with the software, so 1 keypress/click always equals 1 action. You might also be able to load settings into onboard memory (my G604 and custom built keyboard support this) and disable the software entirely so there’s nothing standing between the USB signals and WoW.