Don't understand #nochanges? Then read this

Classic is the best thing WOW has done for itself since Wrath in my opinion. I started in TBC and never got to experience vanilla. It’s the game I love back to the way I loved it.

I really hope that does not happen. There is only so much in Classic that to wipe and start over is just wrong. All the stuff I worked for…levels, gear, skills, etc…just gone and then told to redo it? I can’t do that. I hope to not see something like that…

1 Like

Stop using hashtags over and over it’s super cringe.

Also, say they were to decide to remove the beyond pointless and miserable 50g respec cost…i guarantee you people wouldn’t contest it LOL.

Why would adding new content to classic wow be either illogical or impossible?

Or were you saying that about a different topic and I misunderstood?

-edit for clarity

Because of the already massive disparity between Tier 1 and Tier 3.

Do you really want to see tier 3.5 Hunters with 50% chance to crit? Warriors with 10k health? How would world PvP even function in that environment. You all want “content” but fail to understand itemization problems in the tail end of vanilla.

1 Like

Why does the new content even have to be post Naxx level? If everyone loves classic so much, and already expected to stick around for a long time despite the fact we know when the game will “end”, why not add content in-between level 1 and full Naxx gear?

This content could add new instances or zones to level in for alts, maybe even new end game raids that add additional avenues to gear up along with the already established raids, but never going above the itemization levels of Naxx.

This would be neither illogical, or impossible. However it may be unacceptable to some/many.

I disagree. Everyone had a different experience in Vanilla. And no game company can re-create any of those experiences, because the players have changed. We all changed a lot in 10 years.

Blizzard’s only goal was to re-create Vanilla WoW, with all its good points AND all its bad points.

Why? Blizzard has endured thousands of forum posts by players saying “Vanilla was so much better than current WoW”. Blizzard decided to re-create Vanilla, and make it free to all current WoW players. Now the players can play both and compare them. That will probably shut up the endless cycle of “Vanilla was better” posts, since players can no longer make forum claims based on their inaccurate “fond memories”.

That only works if Classic has all the flaws that Vanilla had.

What’s the point of creating an improved WoW based on Classic? Blizzard already did exactly that. It’s called retail WoW. They aren’t going to do it again…then when players dislike that, do it again…

It was inevitable. The #nochanges purists are now turning on their own kind to root out those who do not meet the ever-stringent requirements to use the #nochanges label.

I’m surprised your kind hasn’t adopted a pious leader and built a religion around #nochanges complete with rituals.

The rest of us? We’ll have fun reclaiming the Azeroth of yore and not fanatically worry about the small things because it’s a game.

I might add that you’re a bunch of hypocrites. Small changes were already made (multiple mail attachments comes to mind), but I guess those changes are OK because, even though it technically goes against your definition of the classic experience, you’ve learned to live with that quality of life change.

1 Like

The classic experience for me means keeping hybrid classes in their busted state so they don’t roll on my warrior gear. Stay in your dresses and keep me healed and we won’t have any issues.

My god what a fresh take on the subject! This definitely deserved its own thread.

Even if Classic was identical to the original in every tiny aspect, it still would not be an “authentic” experience.

If you’re not using ONLY computer hardware/software available in '04-'06, and not using ONLY internet service types available in the same time, you are NOT getting an authentic experience. Period.

Then they aren’t in the “no change” crowd, because they clearly want changes.

Trouble is, they can’t agree on what changes to make, and no matter what Blizz does, they will always get it wrong and cause people to quit.

They’d be shooting themselves in the foot if they started adding and changing things.

No its coming from the trolls …the “I am no changes BUT” are nothing but trolls.

1 Like

No they are not and I have said many times that they should remove them changes, but thanks for proving the slippery slope…They only acceptable changes at this point would be the ones that make it more like vanilla not less like. remove the clock from under the mini map remove the auto loot feature from the menus, bring back yellow parchment, Etc.

I hate to have this point of view but I agree. I can’t even say for myself where exactly I stopped enjoying retail so I’m against any changes being made to Classic out of fear we’ll cross that point and won’t be able to go back. I’d love to see servers for the different expansions but only if they’re separate and static.

This has been my exact feelings on it. Id actually love balance changes but I also get that it’s not my game to change as I did not fight to have it made. Which is why I’m all for classic+ (as a separate game). Much later though, as I’m still playing and enjoying classic.