Don't understand #nochanges? Then read this

It’s actually very simple.

The entire point of classic wow is to re-create “the classic experience”. This entire debate about adding QoL changes really isn’t about the QoL changes at all.

The debate is about the definition of “the classic experience”.

When you hear the term “the classic experience” what does that mean to you? Define it.

The #nochange crowd defines “the classic experience” as “as close to classic in every aspect as physically possible”

So, when you try to make some argument about how this change or that change will “improve” the classic experience, from our perspective it actually hurts the classic experience because our definition of the classic experience is just different than yours.

So, it doesn’t really matter what the change is, if the change is to make something different than classic, it is against our definition of the classic experience and you will get a #nochanges response. It’s as simple as that, because we disagree that the change is good because we want what is best for the classic experience, in our opinion.

So, you want us to agree to a change? You don’t have to make us agree with the change, you have to make us change our definition of “the classic experience”.

Think our opinion is stupid? Well we think yours is stupid, so we are even.

15 Likes

It’s simpler than that: if you want to add/remove/edit anything from the 1.12 wow client it is against #nochanges.

The solution is even more simple: get acclimated to 1.12.

However, even though I am a no changer, I hate the “go play retail” argument. Retail has many many more changes than the majority of people are asking for.

7 Likes

I agree and I would like to add

-Most of Us don’t have confidence that blizz can make any “good” changes and Its way too soon to do so

• Why do so many people complain about classic to the point they demand so many changes it would end up being retail. I mean really whats the point?

-I agree its far from perfect but the Open world beats retail by far.

3 Likes

Except there is a growing movement in the no change crowd to add content to classic. That is indeed a bigger change than the QOL changes being discussed.

I’m sure there are some #nochanges folks in the classic+ camp, and some that aren’t. i think it’s incorrect to assume anyone for one is for both. either way that is a discussion much bigger than the current state of the game in terms of QoL stuff.

I’m a strong believer in #NoChanges

… add pandaren

2 Likes

Not sure where I did assume that. What I have been seeing is a growing number of folks wanting to add content that was never in the game to extend classic and it is coming from the no change crowd.

No there isn’t. Those people aren’t part of the no change crowd. Asking for changes, by definition, removes you from that.

“I’m a no changer, but here are some changes I’d like to see!”

No.

4 Likes

That is by definition false.

If they want classic+ they are the classic+ crowd not the nochanges crowd.

And literally no one is asking for more content right now. Anyone suggesting classic+ understands it would be post-naxx, which is probably 1 or 2 years off.

2 Likes

Copied from the #nochanges slippery slope …
#nochanges means (at least to me) no QoL stuff and no class/game mechanics “balancing”. I’ve love to see some new content in several of the zones that were never finished.
Go read it.

Copied from the #nochanges slippery slope …
#nochanges means (at least to me) no QoL stuff and no class/game mechanics “balancing”. I’ve love to see some new content in several of the zones that were never finished.
Go read it.

I don’t care what some other individual said. If you’re asking for changes then you want changes. It’s not a hard concept.

I can’t honestly say I hold a position but something does get repeated that rings true. Classic has a set amount of content. So what happens if nothing ever changes? The game would stagnate and die. I don’t know how far people are willing to go but I am ok up to WotLK. After that and no. This is a game I enjoy and whatever Blizzard does I hope I can enjoy it as well.

1 Like

I agree with you, but also, this is dumb. I thought this debate ended. Am I missing something?

I agree and that was what I said. I got blasted for being one of them a change is change person.
I am just saying there is a growing movement within the no change crowd asking for new content.

2 Likes

I see what you’re saying. Was just confused by how you were saying it. But yeah, those people are contradicting themselves.

Also, I mean come on. We’re not even in phase 2 and these people are asking for more content? Come on… They need to stop.

1 Like

“growing movement”, no. Vocal minority of people who don’t understand how impossible of a task that really is.

There are only 2 logical and possible options:
1: TBC server and leave classic at phase 6 on separate servers
2: Start new fresh Phase 1 Classic servers.

3 Likes

One group of no changers thinks that periodically the server should be wiped, like they say happened on the p-servers, and that every one playing classic we go,“yay, now I get to start all over from level one on a clean brand new server.”

I kinda doubt it. I know I wouldn’t start over. But who knows. Prophecy is difficult, especially about the future.

2 Likes

I’m a big supporter of #nochanges, but this quote above is where I disagree with many people. Classic is based on 1.12, but not strictly. Blizzard has mixed and matched Classic content however they see fit. Different loot tables, different release schedules, different vendor items.

I honestly don’t understand why anyone would fight so hard for 1.12 authenticity when Blizzard themselves did not… especially since 1.12 was quite late in the vanilla timeline and a lot of that stuff differs from what we experienced through so much of vanilla.

As far as I am concerned, if it was in vanilla at any point in the patch cycle, it is authentic vanilla.

2 Likes

I’ve seen it work with some games, but the one in particular I’m thinking about had a rather fast and easy leveling experience and the beginning of the game was arguably the best because there were no big gear gaps. I don’t see it working as well in a game like WoW, where the amount of people who will suffer through that leveling experience are far fewer. It may work for smaller communities like private servers, but probably not enough to keep it profitable.

Of course I’ve been wrong before, and WoW is a much different beast in terms of MMOs, so I guess only time would tell.