Dont open Great Vault as "Fury"

So I made a huge mistake today and was rewarded so kindly with a 223 One-Hander in my Great Vault and I’m really upset that I didn’t realise.

If you are a Fury main, always open the vault with Arms Loot Spec, please learn from my mistake - I’d hate for anyone else to feel like I do right now.

Good luck out there boys!

28 Likes

I am quite sure that you can use a 223 one hander if you are Fury.

5 Likes

Thanks Captain Obvious

11 Likes

Perhaps you shouldn’t be upset, then. Grab a second one hander and be happy you got an item level upgrade.

1 Like

Remember the part where loot scarcity is a thing in Shadowlands?

19 Likes

Option 1) use a one hander you already have since your loot table clearly has no preference for two handers
Option 2) buy a PvP weapon and upgrade it using conquest or honor
Option 3) Mythic +
Option 4) buy a renown weapon and upgrade it

Your options are not any better for getting two two-handers and your objection makes no sense. You’re further along using a 223 one hander and a 184 from M0 than you are using a 194 and a 197 (see what he’s wearing). Better one good weapon than none.

I’ve had no trouble getting a two hander at ilvl 200 and I don’t even play a DPS spec. Chances are good he already has a one hander of equivalent ilvl to what he’s wearing.

2 Likes

SMF sucks, sorry ya got slapped by it. I haven’t taken my loot spec off Arms since I realized conduits aren’t affected by it, recommend you do the same.

17 Likes

Subject isnt really clear to the point youre coming across. Im fury/prot for my guild nd love that i can loot as fury woth am option of receiving a 1h, albeit im trash at bkth but working on it ^^

Thank you mate, I think I’ll be doing the same moving forward.

2 Likes

I sent mine back to Fury a couple weeks ago, and here was my logic.

My weapons suck. They’re my lowest ilvl slots. Which means my 1h weapon options aren’t significantly worse than my 2h options. Which means getting either as a new MH is a big upgrade, even if I’d have a better OH options for one type than the other. And if you stop to think about it, setting my loot to Fury doubles the number of weapons in the Great Vault M+ loot table. That raises my odds of a weapon of some type showing up. So who cares of my OH is a little higher or lower if I can score a 220 MH.

3 Likes

I’m still not convinced that Titan’s Grip is significantly better than SMF. Was this conclusively proven at some point or something.

And if so, how much so? Enough to offset 26 item levels on your MH weapon?

It’s not. 1% difference all things being equal. They’re not - the best two handers atm have better itemization - but that doesn’t add very much discrepancy.

When I say SMF sucks, I mean the whole presence of it as a gearing inconvenience we have to deal with, leading to things like the OPs issue. Oh well, hopefully they’ll go the transmog route next expac.

Yeah if you’re desperate to get that first decent ilvl weapon, it doesn’t really hurt to just go Fury and take whatever. The problems generally arise after you’ve got that first good one.

6 Likes

Well, at that point, I’d say SMF it is.

Also, I wouldn’t cry about it. If you’re multi-spec DPS, pick Arms. If you offspec Prot, go Fury loot spec.

For me, I appreciate options and won’t once complain about it. It’s a generous improvement if you know how to work it.

Truthfully, the real problem with Fury is getting two weapons. Luckily, if you are using 2 handers and you get a big shiny main hand, you could just as easily switch to Arms for the item level boost until you get a second.

But again, options are good and help even that. You could, in that scenario, easily switch your loot spec to Arms until you get your offhand.

same here.

sucks.

3 Likes

I wonder if Darkprime is gonna pop in here soon? lol.

Or even one from the vault…
They made me Queen of the “No Weapon Gang,” on the warrior discord.

4 Likes

I’ve seen literally 1 epic weapon drop this expac.
The 1h from m0 mists week 1 right after I hit 60.
5 or 6 options every week in vault and no weapons yet.

Also, I have yet to see my weapon token drop from council, for anybody, much less myself.

1 Like

Not everyone shares your luck. It took me a month and a half running 10 keys a week just to get a single ilvl 200 weapon last week on my main DK. Not a single weapon from the vault so far.

As far as “grinding up an honor offhand,” that is still a bunch of extra work he needs to do before he can use his new weapon.

Like this entire situation is one of the chief concerns people had about SMFs return back in beta: getting the weapons you need. It more or less works for raiding and PVP, but the random (and low volume) nature of keystone drops and the vault leaves dungeoneers high and dry.

1 Like

I think at this point everyone’s opened a great vault filled with puke.

1 Like

I’ve been less than enthused some weeks but I’ve had an upgrade, to one degree or another, every week. I’ve already gotten more than entirety of BFA’s weekly chest actually.

3 Likes

Yea… the vault… Terrible luck…

Don’t look at my profile

1 Like