Don't give shaman tank spec

Between Classic shaman having defensive talents that allowed it to be a bottom-of-the-barrel pick for a dungeon tank and the knuckle-dragging troupe of “earth magic, must be tanky” this request just won’t die.

If shaman were to get another spec I would want it to actually expand shaman lore and how elemental spirits extend to other aspects of physical reality other than earth, fire, water, and air.

2 Likes

Why? I’m against it why it makes me a bad guy and you a good guy. I think it’s gonna be awful and does not fit shaman. Anyway shaman never gonna be tank

Don’t not give shaman tank spec

Fixed that for ya!

4 Likes

Make enh tank spec instead. We already got DPS spec.

1 Like

Again the whole I don’t want it you cant have it mentality that is just bad for the game in general to many people have that attitude. But whatever keep being in the low % that doesn’t want this to happen.

Saying stuff likes this makes me want them to remove elemental dps for tank spec.

2 Likes

Go play warrior or other tank class

1 Like

If you wanna be competitive, go play a rogue. Am I doing it right?

Just because you don’t like an idea doesn’t mean you have to throw a tantrum on the forums, especially where the other thread exists for you to have this discussion.

Clearly there is a group of Shaman that want to have a tank spec because they feel like it fleshes out the class and gives another support role to a class that is made to be a support.

There is also a group that don’t want a tank spec and feel like more attention is due to our already existing specs. That’s totally fine. All I’m saying is you don’t gotta freak a freak when you mad mad

7 Likes

Just answer is no

I’m against giving shams a tank spec too but one golden rule is “Dont yuck someone else’s yums” if they want a tank spec you can have a discussion on why you think it’s a bad idea but just to make a thread like this is jerk behavior

4 Likes

Did you really made a post to cry about an idea that will probably never happen …

Kinda sad

Let people have imagination and hopes

2 Likes

No I want people to suffer when playing shaman

it will be fun to see at least

Reminds me of a certain DK that did not want 2h frost back basicly had the same attitude they didnt want 2h frost back and didnt want anyone else to have it. Mostly people got tired of them and put them on ignore.

This being said I love Shaman and wish my favorite class could tank that way I didnt have to change classes when I want to tank.

5 Likes

I have bad news for you. There are 12 classes and 6 of them may tank. It just ain’t gonna happen it is 50 50 already. So let’s focus on what we got right now ok?

Definitely need tank spec!

2 Likes

Wont happen. It was thought about in WoW Vanilla I even have the little pamphlet thing that said so about what they were doing with all the Classes. But they dropped the idea then. So they probably never will bring it up again.

umm Shaman Tank
is already a thing in Classic/TBC regardless of there not being a dedicated Tank tree… It’s legit possible t’ill Cataclysm. Here’s a Shaman Tank TBC guide: Shaman Tank guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Classic as a proficient Shaman Tank

Every post I see the OP make is nothing but whining.

Hey let’s never say never. Now is a big time of change for blizzard, so let’s hope they’ll listen and give us a tank spec.

1 Like

Yea well since it was actually supposed to happen and since they have so many shaman tanking abilities in Classic I am all for it. If you take a look at the Classic shammy layout you will see how so much of the setup for enh seems to be for tanking and seeing as how they were the paladins counterpart in Classic it only seems right that they should have all 3 spec options.

2 Likes