Don't be like this

I was doing those elite quests in Stromgard Keep the other night and my group was probably 1 or 2 levels a bit too low. We fought our way up to the Elite bosses in the keep. While fighting the boss I (The healer) drew aggro and was killed, then our hunter died, then a paladin. All that was left fighting the boss was the Warrior and a Mage. The boss had 10% or less HP but our party was in trouble of wiping.

Enter a full group of fellow alliance members. We’re saved!..or so we thought. Instead of helping they all just stand there waiting for my group to wipe so they can tag the mob quicker and kill him. The warrior says, “Can you help us”? to which their Night Elf Priest says, “NO!, Don’t do quests that you can’t handle”

I whisper her since I’m dead and have plenty of time, “Can’t you just help kill the mob real fast and he will respawn in a couple minutes?”

She replied something along the lines that they would rather us die cause it would be faster.

Our excellent mage and warrior combo prevailed, I corpse ran back and looted, then I added that priest to my ignore list. (I probably should have added the whole party since not 1 of them lifted a finger to help).

My point of this story is, Don’t be like these people. When given the choice of saving someone or a party from wiping, corpse running, and repairing or having to wait a few minutes longer to complete a quest, Please, SAVE THEM! ALWAYS SAVE YOUR FELLOW FACTION MEMBERS!

We are trying to build a community here on Atiesh that helps one another out, remember what goes around comes around, and when your back is against the wall, don’t you want someone to save you? I know I do, so any chance I have to save someones life, i’m gonna take it, even at the cost of my time!

Thank you Atiesh Alliance!

9 Likes

I guess there are always going to be bad apples, and they will get the reputation they deserve over time. I have been saved a couple of times and I have saved some folks as well … even cross faction!

I haven’t encountered this type of scenario, but I did have a duo watch me clear to a chest and attempt to take it. I managed to get it by a split second. These solid chests always contain crap anyway, but I called them out and said that was a lame move and got ignored and called “toxic” in return. I’m the toxic one. OK.

Anyway, other than that one minor thing, I have really enjoyed all of my impromptu groups and all the help I have received.

1 Like

I noticed that the first week and a half were much more pleasant than the last few days. Maybe I am just getting stuck on layers full of trolls and tools, but the least 3 days especially have been a string on incidents similar to the one you describe.

1 Like

Those chest stealers were definately in the wrong. I would have called them out too. I also have mostly had great experiences so far. Found a really nice guild and im having a great time!

Saved some, buffed some, watched some die while I danced with them. Have had people spam group invites when I didnt want to group and then chastise me for the next 10 minutes because now they have to compete for tags…

All a part of the game folks, qq.

Hell, I will always send Fluffy and a few arrows at a mob about to “Rick Roll” a player, even Horde players if I can. Even distracted shot mobs on players about to see Granny who had long gone and past away. Its what makes this experience fun, not the speed of leveling but enjoying your journey.

1 Like

Last night I was looking for some help on Ordanus, an elite quest in Ashenvale and a Hunter responded so we managed to kill him before dying ourselves (he summons a ton of adds). When we ran back to loot there was a warrior looking as if he was going to do the quest so we decided to stay and help him out. While we were getting him into our group, a Druid runs past us to the quest mob, kills him before the adds kill him and loots and jumps off the ramp leaving us to fight the adds. Then, we had to wait for the boss to respawn to help the other guy who needed it.

I don’t know what it is with Druids but I have had issues with so many of them over the years since Vanilla. I swear that 7 out of 10 instances of rude same faction behavior I have witnessed have been Druids.

3 Likes

You alliance players need to get your Sh*t together.

2 Likes

Judge not the faction for the actions of the individual … though at times I would agree.

3 Likes

It’s fine. People like that won’t last in classic. They’ll be outed by groups. Than they will crawl back to bfa.

3 Likes

I’ve had a surprisingly pleasant time with strangers so far! I think it’s only on the highly farmed areas where people get really gross.

lol alliance

Lol. That alliance group did the right thing. Next time make sure to do quests you can handle.

I always try to help, no matter the faction.

I’ve played on both sides since the beginning, and unless someone is a known jerk, I’ll help out.

1 Like

I can’t wait to slaughter them in pvp. Insects.