Dont be fooled with Shattering Throw

I am a huge fan of the move back on its release. One of the best abilities Warriors were given… unfortanunly the re-release of the move is exciting BUT it needs to do more than just damage if its going to be useful.

Currently all i know is that the move does damage… that’s cool and all but thats not going to change a thing on a 8second inviciablity.

Shattering Throws needs to break the Bubble or Stun the opponent when shattered. Dealing damage offers little to nothing unless the move does 20%+ damage to the target, otherwise nothing is going to change in the PvP scene.

It both cracks invincibility and does massive bonus damage vs absorb shields.

4 Likes

…okay look, I know people love the chemical high of a good outrage, but would it kill you to do even a minute’s worth of basic research before you go cluttering up the forum with a new thread? The Shadowland Shattering Throw DOES break bubbles, ice blocks, and other immunity effects. It also does +500% damage to absorb shields, so it’s good for popping those too.

Honestly. Did you even read anything about it?

15 Likes

“All my utility should do huge damage. Why does my fear not do 100k dps?”

7 Likes

This! I want every class’s utility, but I want it to basically do a free rampage at the same time. :rofl:

2 Likes

Correct, i didnt research, so these replies have anwsered my question and for that, saved time for me researching.

Xo

4 Likes

And wasted the time of others while simultaneously making you appear to be either lazy or imbecilic. At a minimum, everyone knows never to take your opinions or suggestions seriously, because you’ve outright admitted you don’t think them through first.

9 Likes

The great tragedy here is that you think it’s less embarrassing to claim that this was a deliberate waste of everyone’s time. But that angle is still stupid, because spending literally 30 seconds on wowhead would have answered your “question” without winning you a heaping pile of scorn and irritation for wasting our time. If this was the outcome you planned, then your judgement sucks.

3 Likes

Of course this thing is a night elf male.

4 Likes

100% this.

I watched Swifty use Shattering Throw on the alpha. He was able to break PW:S, Divine Shield and BoP. It does have a cast time.

2 Likes

I hope you get help cause your need to respond that toxicly to something this mild raises way more red flags for you than it does the OP.

3 Likes

I’m sad about shattering throw. I can only imagine double warrior with a healer in pvp. Makes holy paladins not work really well if my only defensives can just be taken right off. :cry: especially blood elf warriors with the arcane torrent taking BoP off.

1 Like

Everyone else’s defensives have counterplays. Welcome to normal.

1 Like

What will be the counter play to ignore pain on DPS warriors?

Doing a little bit of damage?

3 Likes

Ignore Pain needs counter play? It costs a significant chunk of Rage, so the Warrior is sacrificing offense for defense. It also isn’t a true absorb shield, even when it’s up 50% of incoming damage goes directly to health.

In other words, don’t mistake it for an Ice Barrier on a 12s cooldown. It’ll help a Warrior who’s being focused, but it’s not a game changer in PvP.

Tunneling the warrior so he’s forced to dump most or all of his rage into staying alive. If he’s using his resource on offense, he loses out on defense. If he’s using his resource on defense, he has no offense to speak of.

Id be assuming the cast time is 1.5 seconds like the previous version.
Ill have to check out his video of the move. Curious to see more.

But with ice barrier the mage sacrifices the ability to do any damage themselves. Only bubble gets around this but paladins are usually easy to kite.