Don’t Sleep on Ret Pallies

Bro I am just getting back to the game and man I love my ret paladin in dungeons and pvp. I’m doing low level mythics right now but with tempest leggo my aoe is insane and Sanctified Wrath is legit too. They really helped our aoe dmg and ST dmg with Templar vindication. People sleep on ret pallies for dmg but they can def be meta with the right gear. #BloodKnightOrder

1 Like

Ret’s problem isn’t necessarily the damage, but everything a ret does other classes do better while also bringing better utility.

5 Likes

It’s honestly shocking how much people love playing all the pally specs, no matter how they are doing they are still some of the most played specs in m+. Personally I never really liked ret/holy, too slow and cd reliant :skull:, but if it makes you happy then cheers :beers:

1 Like

Ret is only good in pvp this expansion

2 Likes

I recently reflected on why I prefer to play my ret rather than my WW monk and I came to the realization that the visual component of ret abilities is much more compelling than those of the WW monk (to me at least).
And I found that to be true for multiple other classes (again for me) which I end up finding “boring” just on visual aspect alone.

2 Likes

Cuz of our burst

Sorry to burst your bubble (no pun intended) but no it will not lol

Edit: depending on what content you’re talking about but anything in pve they will not be meta, especially this late into the current season the meta for keys has been figured out already

1 Like

ret hasnt been meta in pve since nighthold

1 Like

I didn’t play legion, poor ret paladins.

I hear they dumpster people in pvp though

Who gives a crap about meta?

2 Likes

Rets are getting some pretty huge buffs in 10.0. Actually the prepatch and will supposedly stay top for most of the expansion.

1 Like

And you are saying this based on nothing we know about paladin and dragonflight?

1 Like

There is a difference between closed Alpha and open Alpha, same with the betas. I have gotten a lot of the WoW Alphas and most of the Blizard betas as well. There is already footage out there of gameplay. Just because you haven’t played it yet doesn’t mean other people aren’t. I got TBC Alpha, got BFA Alpha, got SL Beta, Legion Alpha and Beta as well and many more of them. I was telling people on these very forums with this very toon the EXACT date TBC would release and on which exact patch and told the exact length of the prepatch. I know what is coming, when it is coming and how it is coming before it comes 100% of the time. I have known what I know about rets for over 3 months now.

1 Like

It’s ridiculous that people don’t consider off-healing to be utility. It’s going to drive Blizzard to continue to kill hybridization.

2 Likes

Can you direct me to some of the alpha footage then? Cause i’d like to see and know

3 Likes

This sounds all too familiar… start off strong, and end up getting gutted two seconds later.

Re: Execution Sentance mega nerf

1 Like

Sure, care to share the wisdom?

1 Like

That’s the thing though, it feels nice for us to be able to save someone with LoH or off heal with WoG or Flash of Light, protect our teammates with Blessing of Protection, etc but for the majority of groups this isn’t really needed, especially if you can get a Prot/Holy Paladin that can offer pretty much the same stuff.

People will always go for Highest damage class = Lust > Everything else as of right now Paladin is just everything else.

2 Likes

People still use execution sentence? The 6 second wait to hit is ridiculous

2 Likes

People that play the game