Doing old content

With the level squish will I be able to go back and solo all the old dungeons to get drops and just experience them or will the squish make them more difficult for someone to farm?

No, the level squish didn’t substantially affect that. I’ve gone back & run Draenor raids at level 50 and it isn’t substantially different than before. Some folks were starting to solo Legion raids and apparently that was affected, but it won’t be an issue once Shadowlands drops & people reach level 60.

Chromie Time, OTOH, will affect your ability to go back & run old dungeons. With Chromie Time active, all the old dungeons & raids will scale up to your level; you’ll have to either wait until you reach level 50 (when Chromie Time ends) or talk to Chromie & turn off Chromie Time.

Yeah I learned about Chromie time the hard way. Wanted to go to RFC for nostalgia and would have had my tail kicked if not for the guards at the beginning lol Thanks for the answer

Wait, raids scale as well? I wasn’t aware of that!

My mistake. I just stuck my head in Blackwing Descent on a level 48 without Chromie Time active, and it was level 35. Went to SW & turned on Chromie Time, went back & it wouldn’t let me in; chat showed some kind of error message about Timewalking. Went out to Legion (the expansion I chose with Chromie) and tried going in a raid there, couldn’t get in either.

I knew there was an issue with raid finder not working but I hadn’t realized Chromie Time totally locked you out of raids.