Doing BGs As Alliance is Absolutely Soul Destroying

I just spent the evening trying to get a single win in BGs as Alliance, and once again, it was nothing but crushing defeats. In one match as a healer, we didn’t get a single horde kill. Not one.

Is Blizzard ever going to fix this problem? The queue keeps getting longer for horde, and more and more alliance players I know have dropped out or transferred to Horde over the last year. Or are they happy to eventually have just no alliance players left?

It’s brutal going into match after match with undergeared alliance players and horde players who can one shot them. I’m pretty well done with pvp at this point, because I’m not paying hundreds to go over to the winning side.

7 Likes

What do you expect Blizz to do .
Giving merc bonus back would be a good start to make more horde players merc .

3 Likes

Well, doing nothing isn’t working. They could give back the racials they took away in WOD that started the exodus. They could give greater incentives than just ‘honor’. They could at least try something.

6 Likes

yeah, i’ve que’d my last bg…it’s just stupid now.

3 Likes

Come on now … let Horde have some fun ,l.

Where you in an Ashran just now ?

On my priest it’s pretty even in terms of win/loss

You get the occasional premade that’s just miserable to try and compete against with undergeared pugs, but other than that I don’t really see more losses vs wins

I’ve noticed alliance wins more in the morning for some reason :thinking: Then it seems to swing more to losses around dinner time ish to late night.

Where are people having these bg experiences that are just all losses?? I’m genuinely curious

Edit: My priest is alliance btw

3 Likes

what I have done in the past and it has worked with some degree of success is when I get into a losing streak or I notice the same bads on my team or same premades on their side I wait about 10-15 minutes before I queue again. The wait and queue method of dodging bads or premades has resulted in a win here or there which is a plus on those nights where it could’ve been an hours upon hours long loss fest.

1 Like

Some Alliance players spend months trying to get a win in Classic AV.

5 Likes

Are you talking epic or regular bgs? I can’t imagine not winning in a super long streak. If you’re even half decent, it shouldn’t be any problem finding a group of other decent people.

If you’re not … well then that’s probably the problem.

Also, a bunch of people sick of losing running over to the horde doesn’t make it harder for alliance. It just means there will be a lot of horde who don’t know how to win?

Hopefully Blizzard allows us to merc from the PvP menu instead of having to go to the NPC.

Fundamentally I guess that Blizzard looks at dozens of concurrent BGs whereas players can only see the succession of BGs we are currently in. Their birds-eye-view makes it harder to assess the demoralizing effect of successive losses, leading to further burn out.

1 Like

They haven’t done nothing. They’ve actually made the problem far worse.

They removed merc bonus.

They balanced maps that were heavily alliance favoured (not a bad thing on it’s own, but in this context it isn’t helping).

The new maps favour horde and/or the better team in the first team fight.

They gave Alliance horrid allied races and gave Horde popular ones.

They removed templates and made PVE gear far more important than skill. Horde is far ahead of alliance for PVE.

10 Likes

Put merc bonus back in and encourage more horde to merc . If Horde have the better players ( I disagree but many ppl here seem to take that as gospel ) then atleast some of them will play merc and improve win rates .

The most popular allied race is Void elves .

3 Likes

There are more Horde AR characters than Alliance. Void Elves are by far the easiest to unlock and even more telling, you can get the rep on your Horde toon to unlock them on Alliance.

1 Like

Just wait for SL… with the allied races open to everyone and VE getting the HE customization, VE numbers are going to explode even more .

Blizz give back honor bonus to merc mode . That way Horde players farming honor will bring their mains into BG’s instead of using undergeared Ally alts.

1 Like

Re-balance epic BGs. Once alliance can win one or two besides IoC and the occasional WG defense, the players who joined horde just for the winrates may begin migrating back over time.

It’s not racials, the alliance kits are already better.

Merc mode is a bandaid. We want more players creating alliance characters, not masquerading as alliance for a few minutes here and there.

3 Likes

The only viable change I can see is Ashran.

IOC, WG … there is nothing to change and AV can’t be changed from the basic map and I don’t think anyone wants to change it .

And ya ppl have ally toons just undergeared ones which they bring to BG to honor farm . Let them bring their horde mains in and get the bonus honor . It will be better for win rates to have geared toons in there.

The likelihood of significant map changes in Alterac Valley is highly unlikely but I would like to see the Korrak’s Revenge version of Iceblood implemented into the epic version - that would go a long way towards helping the Stonehearth v Iceblood imbalance.

That, combined with some basic and quality of life fixes (like ensuring there are an equal number of commanders per faction and making Balinda & Galvangar relevant to the battle) would likely be enough to encourage more players into epics again.

I’d say Ashran and Wintergrasp are the ones that need prioritizing, but AV shouldn’t be left out in the cold (!)

If you are looking at improving Ally win rate in Epics… then Ashran is the only one which needs changes and which will impact win rates .

WG is a symmetrical map and as equal as can be. Ally losing more in WG can’t be blamed on anything other than players .

IoC is stacked in the alliance’s favor and WG is stacked in favor of the defending team. Both ought to be addressed and soon but yeah, neither will have an impact on alliance representation in PvP.

Ashran is likely the worst offender with AV being a second. I’m not entirely sure what to suggest in either case, especially when it comes to AV, but I’m certain that Blizzard’s metrics indicate will glaring winrate disparities with these maps that probably can’t be chalked up to player quality alone.

Aye bro the horde should be well feed by now right? Dont you think…