Doing all 4 covenants on one character?

Just wondering, would this be feasible? Collecting all of the cosmetics/toys/etc for one covenant, doing their full campaigns, and then moving on to another to do the same until all four are done.

I tend to be a completionist, and I typically focus all of my efforts onto one character when I can. How big of a task am I looking at there?

4 Likes

Well, considering you would need to farm something like 300,000 anima for everything from one covenant, on top of the redeemed souls to upgrade it, then you have the RNG of the QUeen’s Conservatory, the literal months long journey to exalted with all ember court guests, the RNG of the Abomination Factory accessories drops, etc. it’s a loooong journey.

5 Likes

So git going! We all believe in you. Forumunit, Mawster of the Shadowlands!

4 Likes

I’ve done it. Currently I’m renown 60+ on all covenants for my shaman.

3 Likes

Each side has armour recolours thats are bit of a pain to collect so that may slow you down a little.

I know for Necro there are two but the Unity one is made super easy by joining a discord, they can let you know when a quest is rewarding a piece of their set. The abom one is very RNG like people have said but once you have all of them constructed you get a bunch more chances each week.

I forget when I went Necro now but I think it took me a few months to 100% it.

1 Like

The Abom one sucks. I’m never getting them shoulders. :frowning_face:

It helps that I enjoy questing but yeah… they really need more RNG protection with a lot of content but I guess they’d lose out on time played, hah.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info everyone. :slight_smile:

Part of it too is that I’m currently thinking of switching to Arcane on my mage, and want to swap to Kyrian, but I’m already partway into the Necrolord stuff. I wanted to get an idea of how long it would take to finish up their stuff, which judging by the responses is going to be at least a few months, hah.

Nevermind, change in plans. I went Night Fae and I’m going to try my damndest to learn Fire for this expansion. I’ve never been good at fire, in fact i’ve failed spectacularly every time I’ve tried, but…fire is the best spec for the theme I want to go for. So, here goes again I suppose lol.

2 Likes

My plan is to push 4 separate characters each to 80 over the next month (one in each covenant), and then when 9.1.5 hits, buy “the other” renown40 3x on one of them and lean super hard into that character. This gives me something to do right now as we wait for 9.1.5, and tons of flexibility on day 1 of 9.1.5.

2 Likes

Regarding Storyline; how was it?

it wasnt to bad… i dont really actively play alts… and shaman covenants are really close together… so it was pretty fun cycling through them

1 Like

Fire is fun. The real trick is making sure you maximize infernal cascade charges

SKB for ST and DC for mplus cleave are the leggos atm

…And it only took me two hours to give up on that. Not even joking lmao. Died 5 times on a single world quest trying to play fire. So I ported to Oribos, swapped covenants to Venthyr, and fell back on the one spec I can play at least passably; frost.

I’m aware that I suck, lol.

1 Like

Infernal cascade did more of a boss thing not generally world questing.

The key to fire is to almost use combustion on CD to maximize your damage because outside of combustion fire damage is abysmal.

If you’re enjoying frost that’s fine too. It’s definitely less micro managing to the spec and that makes it more enjoyable imo.

1 Like

Maybe during 11.0 or 12.0. By then there will likely be an heirloom trinket called “Big 'Ole Bag’o’Anima” that, when used, give’s you 50K anima with a 24hr cooldown.

It’s a bit rough now, but I’d say it’ll be totally doable when 9.1.5 hits.

Anima itself isn’t really the issue anymore, you can make 2000 daily, easily, in Korthia, and that’s ignoring the big weekly sources like world bosses, epic world quests, and the normal anima quests.

Souls used for upgrading the covenants themselves also shouldn’t be a problem in the next patch, as they’re making that quest repeatable to get all the souls you need.

Knocking out the renown will be time-consuming, but not really hard. Once you buy the item that starts your renown at 40, it should really only take a week to grind the remaining 40, if you just blaze through Torghast.

Grateful Offerings are sort of a pain to get now, but since they’ll drop from daily callings in the next patch, they might not be as much of a hurdle in the future.

The real sticklers will be the Korthia Daily sets, Korthia rare enemy mounts, and absolutely the unique covenant features.

The Korthia daily sets are completely RNG as to whether you get them or not, and even now, I don’t have a complete covenant set. The covenant mounts that drop from specific rares can also be unkind, as it took me 2 months of doing Korthia every day before the Night Fae mount finally dropped for me (your results may vary on this).

But doing ALL the different covenant features, with all their unique materials and wait times, it’ll definitely take some doing to get ALL of that done, especially if you’re looking to do it on every armor class.

1 Like

What’s the discord for unity?

It’s really handy, unfortunately once you complete your set you can’t really help out any longer but there are always new folks coming in.

1 Like

If you enjoy suffering, sure. I’ve done two on my priest so far and unlocked all but a couple mounts and appearance sets. I imagine in 9.1.5 I’ll be able to do it again for the others. Will I want to? Absolutely NOT. But will I? Probably, since the anima I’ve spent gives me a bonus to gaining more.

Thank you!

1 Like