Does unlocking Zandalari trolls require the raid?

March is in the near future, relatively.
And I’m waiting to race change a pally and a druid, to zandalari, I feel your pain.

No, it didn’t.

1 Like

They’re on PTR. Go play there if you’re desperate, but be warned, they’re buggy as crap.

Honestly this is just sad, it’s been 7 months at this point and we’re not getting features that were tied into the marketing of the launch of this expansion pack…

22 Likes

How nefarious D:

No, it doesn’t. If you look at wowhead, you’ll see there’s no mention of the raid being part of the unlock requirements. We just got the final war campaign achievement (Tides of Vengeance) today.

"With Battle of Dazar’alor being released, the Tides of Vengeance War Campaign continues. You’ll be able to pick up the final section of the War Campaign which is separated into two parts, separated by a Raid Quest to defeat King Rastakhan (6th boss) / Lady Jaina Proudmoore (9th boss).

Completing this final part of the Tides of Vengeance War Campaign awards Tides of Vengeance / Tides of Vengeance. This achievement is required to unlock the Zandalari Troll and Kul Tiran Allied Races which will be released in the next major patch!"

Edit:

4 Likes

if you can go by what’s been data-mined from the PTR in ref the changes coming for the children’s week event the patch is going live on the April 29th maintenance

if you can go by what’s been data-mined from the PTR in ref the changes coming for the children’s week event the patch is going live on the April 29th maintenance

April? Damn. Well gives me more time to level alts and leisurely finish the Kul’Tiras zones.

Thanks.

1 Like

Racials are not even complete on the PTR so no I doubt they are going live anytime soon.

The Allied Races aren’t even finished yet. Try one on the PTR. They have a lot of broken animations.

1 Like

I don’t remember it listed in the unlock in the 8.1.5 preview for the Allied races. it was the faction requirement and complete some quests but nothing about completing the raid.

1 Like

:thinking:

Just time gate your sub

7 Likes

LOL of course the month ill be playing new games figures lol.

1 Like

At BlizzCon we talked about these Allied Races coming in Patch 8.1.5. It might feel like a new patch day with the season update and raid opening up today, but this is still the continuation of the Tides of Vengeance story. We will have more information on the Zandalari and Kul Tiran soon!

13 Likes

They will string you along as long as they can. Ridiculous.

Isn’t this race on the box for the freaking expansion?

116 Likes

Doesn’t answer if we need the raid or not.

35 Likes

Yikes, that vague blue post.

Why do I get the feeling I’m going to need to do this raid on both my Alliance priest and Horde priest just to make sure I unlock both allied races?

9 Likes

To wait an extra patch to unlock two allied races it feel like slap in the face to many customers who are loyal to your game. Many of your customers had been waiting on these races since the BoA announcement. It feels bit rude to make us to wait a patch for just allied races.

19 Likes