Does "Trial of Storms" EVER work properly?

Serious question. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it completed. Do the “Lightning Conduits” ever show up to charge? lol

3 Likes

I think it’s on some sort of stupid hidden timer because eventually it does seem to be completable, but you have no way of knowing how along you are…

1 Like

Every time I hit the Extra Action Button they do.

I’ve completed it 5 or 6 times now.

I’ve done it twice. I’ve seen it about 6 times.

only seen it once. cast never worked people swarming it for enough minutes that its a waste of time even if it did eventually work. you literally could have formed a group and done a key in that amount of time.

It is very easy to see when it is doable and when it is not, because the reason it fails is the nodes you are supposed to unload the lightning into do not spawn.

2 Likes

depends how much you spent on the blizz shop

1 Like

I’ve completed it twice. I’ve seen it pop about 5 times total, but most times the conduits don’t spawn.

2 Likes

The event for me did not seem to work at all last week, but yesterday I was able to complete it. I look at it now as Just a meeting spot for players to gather, hang out and exchange stories.

2 Likes

I have never seen the conduits that you’re supposed to charge, but I can stand near where they’re supposed to be and charge them. Just takes a lot of charging to complete that stage. I’ve completed it every time like this.

1 Like

Even on maps where the conduits show up, nobody has been able to use their extra action button, save a single time of the five(?) times I’ve checked it.

I’ve completed it 3 times.

And been unable to complete it 4 or 5 times.

Small sample size, but for me; If the lightning rods are visible, it can’t be completed. If I can’t see them, I don’t have any trouble.

I did it once.
I literally afk’d and it completed.
It seems the word on the street so to speak is it’s time based ?? so while it is bugged perhaps, I think it is also an event that takes anywhere from 15 minutes to 25 or so…

1 Like

Buggy or really slow to do the steps needed. Everytime so far when I got charges and up to 20 and the action button does nothing until what feels like mins later.

Isn’t it great for Bliz to release these buggy systems and fix it as we go along. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Thanks for the replies all. Glad to see I’m not the only one that has trouble with this event.

I’ve been able to complete it twice in probably a dozen attempts or so. Either the nodes don’t spawn, or they spawn, but pressing the action button says there’s no valid targets or some such thing even if you’re standing right next to the nodes and you try all of them.