Does such a guild exist?

Is there a guild which, while using meters as guildelines for certain things, ALSO clearly, actively, shows respect, etc for players/characters who do things like:

-Reduce their own DPS/HPS/TPS a moment in order to perform an action which results in a net gain in other player’s DPS/HPS/TPS?
-Choose specs, auras, items, etc which increase the rest of the party’s DPS/HPS/TPS at the expense of their own DPS/HPS/TPS?

That is to say, a guild that clearly, actively recognizes and rewards synergy beyond meters? Hell, “Synergy Beyond Meters” would probably be a good name for the kind of guild that I’m looking for!

Thanks in advance for replies.

[Edit: I’m a terrible person insofar as that I run alts on Horde and Alliance, so either faction applies.]

jesus, i feel bad for you. What have you been thru to make this post?

2 Likes

Hahaha, I understand your reaction. The answer: Nothing! absolutely nothing has happened to me. It’s what I have seen in other threads, reddit, guides, etc. I’m nowhere near raiding, might never get there, but you see so much “Top the charts! Top the charts!.. [endlessly]”, while threads about supportive play almost always have at least one “shut up and [support my chart-topping]” post. I guess I’m looking for a crowd that clears content while not tolerating prima donnas.

Your overthinking it by a factor of x10.

It’s not like this at all. As far as raiding goes a much better thing to focus on for DPS is staying alive. I can’t tell you how many players I’ve seen who are “top dps” who constantly die too stupid things. Dead DPS = Zero DPS.

Take mages for instance, there’s a MAX dps, deep arcane build. This build revolves around the idea of using the other mages Winter’s chill effect and getting Arcane power and POM. The thing about this build is you lose iceblock and ice barrier, a couple of the best defensive CD’s in the game. Yeah you will definitely do more DPS, but you also will take a lot more damage and die a lot more as well. Not too mention your putting a lot more stress on the healers. So is this really a better build, I don’t really know but the mages I’ve seen using it seem to die ALOT more.

I believe there is such a guild exists. Its just this generation of gamers style, i suppose. its not good nor bad. classic until naxx is predominately mechanic heavy but having higher dps output is good as well. This is also Round 2 after all. Most of the players in Classic has WoW experience; its the same but different but also the same. There are a few things in Vanilla that I truly miss that wasnt incorporated in Classic. I’m getting off track. You will definitely find guild(s) go beyond the meters. look around to see which guild you can fit in.

Raoul, apparently you got a completely different impression of what this thread was about than what I intended. I am really asking: “Is there a guild which likes clearing content while appreciating what all its players do, and avoiding prima-donna behavior?”

I’d say Primal is that type of guild, but I’d like to think we’re not the only ones.

Any successful guild in Classic is gonna need a good handful (at least) of players like that, who prioritize group success over their own desire to “pad the meters”. But we can all be pretty awesome even when we’re thinking of others.