Does Spriest BG PvP get any better at 60?

Hey, i’m leveling through BGs as Shadow because I thought it was pretty fun, but the more I play it the less fun it’s starting to feel, I feel like I have almost no tools to keep melee off me and when melee connect I die in 4 seconds with my healing doing almost nothing, hunters don’t even have to connect and just laugh at me trying to do anything.

My damage feels pitiful other than when I am in void form, and even then it doesn’t feel anywhere near the level of what every other class is putting out especially during their burst, fear seems extremely hard to land when I have no mobility whatsoever and going into fear range attracts at least one other person who simply kills me after I deliver myself into the middle of their team.

My only option of mobility is door of shadows which if I can even manage to get it off before dying feels like its almost never enough as every class is back on me in an instant using one of their 3+ mobility options. Dispersion -sometimes- lets me completely drop what offensive pressure I have built up and live to fight another day, but most of the time it feels it still isn’t enough to even create a gap long enough to breathe. The only way I feel like i’ve ever been able to chase someone who simply walks away from me, or kite to any extent whatsoever is with surrender to madness, other than that I feel like a helpless pile of wet toilet paper who’s only option of survival is to hide in the back of my team and hope they take care of me.

My shields feel like they go away before the GCD to put them up is even over and my heals feel the same level of weak and simply oom me after 3-4 casts. Dispersion even with intangibility feels like i’m only delaying the inevitable and giving the enemy enough time to recover fully while I sit in the purple cloud and hope they decide to leave me alone.

Does this get any better? Is my gear simply just super bad or something? Do I need conduits and all the endgame stuff to feel equally powerful or at least a little bit better than I do now? Is arena the only place i’m going to be able to feel like an actual player? Am I just bad at the class?

TL;DR: Spriest feels really horrible in BGs at this level, does it get any better at level cap or should I just play something else?

Yeaaaa, thats the thing with door of shadows.

I knew the majority of priest would go it and that’s fair, BUT its shadow school and getting kicked as shadow is already super annoying. That’s why I never touched venthyr lol. I would suggest trying Night Fae or Kyrian. I’ve been Kyrian the entire x-pac and it adds survivability (potions) AND some mobility since the Kyrian skill does increase movement by 50% or 75%. I’m blanking on which one lol.

I mean there’s plenty of time to do so sure. I would say if you can tough it out though that Shadow is a very fun spec to grasp and play. Having MC in pvp already keeps pvp that much more of a refreshing and dynamic experience and priest can pump damage. I would just really recommend you try those other two covenant or even give Necrolords a go. Their shield can help quite a bit too.

and take void volley as a pvp talent; it literally scares melee off of you

Yea void valley is great if the opposite team has a lot of melee. or even if there’s a melee you know that gives you a lot of trouble.

I would say greater fade is concreted into my pvp talents lol. The last slot I switch around between Psyfiend, improved Mass Dispel.

Play something else, it doesn’t get any better. Dots no longer do damage in pvp because pvers complained that the bosses/adds died too quickly from dot specs like aff, boomkin, etc. so blizz gutted them all over several expansions.

You won’t outburst anyone. Spriest has the worst mobility in the game.

If you want to do big burst from range go hunter. Ele is fun too, throwing meatballs. struggles a little with melee. I would checkout YouTube pvp videos or twitch streamers who do bgs and see how that class plays and something you would like.

Dont listen to the nay sayrr priest. He complains all day. You can do disgusting dsmage just sucks when u fight mws. Rateds u will be passed for any caster but your damage is not bad in slightest. Especially when you can set up kills on anyone with volley psifiend megalo if u run it as well as spam cc