Does Pandaria need a new Emperor?

No. The Legion was defeated (no matter what sad event this expansion was for the Legions end).

So there is no need for another mist, or anything like it.

I certainly would not mind seeing some kind of Pandaren renaissance in which they return to an imperial monarchy where they establish a system of rotating emperors from the native races on the content with viable credentials.

Like it goes from Pandaren>Jinyu>Hozen(hopefully an intelligent one)>Rajani>Yaungol(Assuming they’ve mellowed out quite a bit since the Mantid are no longer at their heels) and then back to Pandaren.

I mean, it’d make sense for them to re-establish some formal hierarchy of sorts as the continent is just lacking in general direction atm. There hasn’t been an established power structure within the continent since Shao Hao became one with the land. And now with the mists parted, the Sha vanquished, and both the threat of the Legion and Old Gods dealt with, they can and should be able to return some structure to their society.

What do you think of Taran Zhu as the Emperor of Pandaria? He’s not only a Leader of a Protection Group of the Land against Danger and Threats, but also almost all of the Pandaria and it’s people.

Answering such threats wouldn’t require a new Emperor, it would require cutting Pandaria off from the world again.

And it seems like the Pandarens would rather be a part of the world, and face it’s threats, than be cut off again.

I think if they wanted to make Pandas in general more relevant, reintroducing pandaren as some fierce united force would be cool. They could even be written as a little antagonistic to the Alliance and Horde as well. Not totally enemies, but not totally friends either. I think that would add another dimension to the story.

Absolutely not, he’s a scrublord who wake up Ultra’d on Garrosh and got handily stomped for it.