Does doing a Race Change to a Allied Race forever stops me from getting the heritage armor?

I am thinking of transfering a Blood Elf Paladin to a Zandalari Troll Paladin but I fear of losing the posibility of unlocking that heritage armor (Zandalari Troll) on another character leveling manually from 20 to 120, thus the question that is if a race change into a allied race invalidates forever the option of getting the Heritage Armor for the Zandalari Troll cause I plan to unlock it with another character compliying with all requirements.
I need a blue post if possible.Thank you ahead of time for the time spent to all those who anwser wether you are Blue Post or not.
Frankie
PS 1: I think the wording on the Official awnsers are misleading and need to be better. Just my suggestion.
PS: Sorry and Shoutout to WreckingBull of Fable Lords-Farstriders(US) but I fear that I do not know you enough to trust you with this “Permanent” option. Again sorry please do not see this as a mistrust but a second opinion. Please love to clarify this with a blue post as a Public Service.

Once you unlock it on one character it unlocks for all the others. You can even delete the character you unlocked it on and still be able to mog the armor.

so I unlock it on a fresh char (20-120) first then I do the race change?

you can race change before, you just won’t have the armor available to you yet

oh ok but that does not stop me from gaining it later?

No…

oh sorry for dotting the Is and crossing the T’s but it’s major if it were like this…=) thanks for awnsering. Please do nto takes htis as disrespect but I’d like an official voice on this. For my peace of mind and as a Public Service because the phrasing is limited to say the least.

Just so you know death knights count for heritage armor on allied races if leveled to 110. Doing it as a DK with heirlooms during this xp event makes it quick!

1 Like

omg ty for the tip

1 Like

Race changing to an allied race does not stop you from unlocking heritage armor, all it does is disable that specific toon from unlocking heritage armor. Though it can still wear the heritage armor if unlocked on another toon that properly levels from 20-120

oh ok ty just to be on the safe side ill unlock it first, thanks for taking the time to respond

You can race change now and still unlock the armor with a fresh toon now. It’s one of the few things blizzard actually did idiot proof. But your choice man.

ok imma go for it, cause I am kinda near the limit of chars

I boosted a LF draenei with my free boost and didn’t unlock the armor. I manually leveled another and it unlocked when I hit 110. You get the achievement when you reach level 110 (or 120) leveling the traditional way. No achievement through gaining XP to level to the target = No achieve = No xmog.

Even race changing at a lower level and leveling to 110 doesn’t do it. You have to level from 20- your level target.

Well you don’t have to level from 20, you can start from 58 with a dk, but that seems to be the only exception.

Did that with Dark Iron. Race changed a 120, then leveled a fresh character for the armor.

If you want a blue response I doubt you will get it.

I’ve done 7 or so of the heritage armor runs - you can do them before or after race changes, it doesn’t matter. You can also now do them with Death Knights, which means you start at level 58 instead of 20, and with the XP buff going on, it’s pretty fast indeed.

2 Likes

You’ll have to play the game from start on the AR to earn the heritage armors, there are no shortcuts that can be taken.

DK is a shortcut that can be taken.