Does classic wow have pet battles?

Just curious does Classic WOW have pet battles? If no, then are there plans to put pet battles in Classic?

No it doesn’t. There’s also no pet tab, any pets you get need to be carried in your bags and summoned from there.

Couldn’t say if there are any plans, but I’d doubt it. Pet battles were added with Mists of Pandaria.

5 Likes

No. Pet battles were introduced in MoP.

No plans I’ve heard of, but if they keep to their development priorities for Classic it won’t be until Classic catches up to MoP. They have made a point of not introducing major game features before the time they were introduced in the original game. They haven’t even released Burning Crusade content yet.

1 Like

I would not be playing retail if it did :stuck_out_tongue:

but nah, highly unlikely they would ever add pet battles to classic

Thank you. Its a shame they haven’t added the feature but I now understand why, sort of. To me its disappointing that they probably wont add it to classic :frowning_face:

I can’t tell if you’re joking or not, but in case you’re being serious:

Adding pet battles to Classic completely goes against the spirit of why Classic was recreated: to have the old game back, exactly as it was. Classic doesn’t need pet battles (or LFG, or flying, for that matter). If you want pet battles, simply play the modern game where they already exist.

I’m not trying to come across as harsh here, not at all. But you have to realize pet battles just do not belong in Classic. There’s no reason for classic to even exist if we just start cramming every modern feature that someone wanted along the way.

4 Likes

Wow, I guess I really punched a hornets nest. So sorry.

My simple question was because I happen to love pet battles but I would also like to play classic. I have ZERO intention of ruining your beloved classic wow (and I fail to see how a personal entertainment system like pet battles would ruin classic).

My reasons are selfish because I really dislike how they’re changing retail wow, I miss the old wow (classic) and wanted to see if I can hang on and play the two things I like the most - classic wow and pet battles. Since the answer is NO, and so many people seem to be dead set against adding pet battles to classic, then I have no other choice but to move on.

1 Like

I’m in exactly the same boat Angenie, I love pet battles but I am not even sure I want to buy shadowlands; it looks terrible.

Classic wow is so much more fun, I actually love it.

They’ll never add pet battles to Classic tho, and I wouldn’t advocate for it.

3 Likes

The answer is yes. You can play Classic and when you want to do some pet battles you can log into Retail and do them there. It’s all on the same sub.