Does Blizzard Use a Monkey Paw in Their Decisions?

I’m fairly certain there is a desiccated monkey paw hidden away in the sub basement of Blizzard’s headquarters somewhere. I can picture the lead developer slumping down an endless steel staircase and arriving at a room lit by a single blinking lightbulb. He then presents the paw with player’s wishes and a single finger curls down in response.

The players want more content? Granted. It shall be in the maw.

Obviously, this is a bit facetious, but it seems wires get crossed somewhere when they try to do things for the players. Things like ‘we’ve improved Torghast… but added a timer’.

2 Likes

Their whole design philosophy has been “you think you do, but you don’t”

And here we are, people like me who have ever cash shop item just spent $60 to buy the FF14 complete bundle and whale mount.

1 Like
7 Likes

While I appreciate the reference and it does often times feel like Corrupt-a-Wish… at least they changed the timer thing.

2 Likes

That’s something good at least. Where did you see that?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/chains-of-domination-ptr-notes-%E2%80%93-june-2-updates/986134

Nah, i think they’re just in agreement with Fox to borrow Family Guy’s manatees to decide for them.

Seems like a positive change and if it makes it to 9.1 patch launch then kudos to Blizz .

How ever there is a part of me that still thinks

1 Like

I would read a whole book about this great story

I’m still saddened about the loss of old Survival. It’s like they took the wish for the few who wanted a melee hunter and decided “and a finger on the paw curls inwards…”

:<

2 Likes

After all the guy who said that is the current president…who incidentally permitted the creation of WoW Classic after becoming president…

He clearly wears down over time.

To be fair Torghast is getting it’s upper levels thrown at our heads in 9.1’s Raid so…

So it is a trap

Indeed. Torghast isn’t going to be relevant in Shadowlands’ future so Blizzard has nothing to lose by caving into Player Demands!