Does Armor Value Matter Anymore?

I am curious to gauge what the Warrior community thinks of the Armor Value Stat. For a long time this stat has always been circumvented by magic damage, bleed damage and myriad of other abilities. I will not deny that when a shield is equipped, the mitigation from physical attacks is substantial. However, when we look at Arms and Fury Warriors; does our plate armor really make an difference? In many cases other classes are able to obtain a better armor reduction then plate wearers (Warlock Demon Armor). Has this stat fallen out of favor and would the class benefit from having a higher base armor value? (Especially with the myriad of ways that it can be circumvented anyways?). Am I perceiving this wrong, maybe the value calculates better when applied to PVE rather than PvP?

Curious to know everyone’s thoughts regarding Armor, period.

Armor differences aren’t what they used to be anymore. The difference in DR between cloth and plate used to be massive, like 30%+ difference in physical damage taken. Now it’s half that, or less. On top of that, the good majority of classes now do alot of magic damage or bleeds that bypass armor, the only ones that don’t are monks warriors and hunters really (survivals bombs are magic though), and even then a lot of covenant abilities and procs are magic damage. Simply wearing plate hasn’t really mattered for some time now.

3 Likes

Stack versatility and your plate will feel like plate again, but better.

Players: “I just want plate that feels like real plate”

Vendors: ‘slaps down a plate piece with high vers on it’

Players: “This feels like real plate and only loses 2% durability.”

1 Like