Does anyone in the Shadowlands sleep?

Do they need to? The fae mention dreams, but I don’t know that they actually sleep themselves. The venthyr mention waking nightmares, and the kyrian have those little mats for when you need to recover from facing your memories, but do any of them actually need sleep? Or are they just awake for eternity?

Edit: Native creatures in the Shadowlands do sleep.
https://preview.redd.it/7w54qvj12w161.png?auto=webp&s=48746ea1dfc4ecbe9cb75f00f2c0656fd4261933

5 Likes

I don’t think they do, no. Remember that 99.999999999% of the people we meet in the Shadowlands were mortals who slept, and such phrases would just make their way into the lexicon even thought they don’t sleep (tm?).

The fact that the little < > gossip text from Admiral Taylor says he doesn’t need to breathe leads me to believe that you don’t sleep in the afterlife. Maybe it’s something you can do (rest =/= sleep)? But I don’t think it’s, like, a biological thing in the Shadowlands.

3 Likes

I do miss my iconic lazy peon quest.

The Wild Gods/Loa are said to dream while they are in their Wild Seeds awaiting regrowth. That’s the only two groups I know who sleep in the sense of how we understand it.

5 Likes

I’ve seen plenty of sleeping animals in Bastion and a few in Revendreth.

2 Likes

Thank you all!

1 Like

The Faeries in Ardenweald utilize sleep spells to lull wildlife and eachother to sleep. Lullabies are sung to the Wildseeds and friends.

Sleep is a natural aspect for all beings. It is comfort and our most vulnerable state of life. To sleep without fear is one of many pieces of true harmony and rest in the afterlife.

1 Like

They’ll sleep when they’re dead. Oh wait. :laughing:

3 Likes

It’s a afterlife. You can’t really sleep at all if you are dead.

But is there a difference between constructed or native creatures vs. souls coming for their afterlife?

Keyword life. Do we know souls sleep in the afterlife?

1 Like

Nature souls sleep while regenerating in wildseeds.