Does anyone else really miss not getting the mage tower forms?

Every time I see the ghostly kitty for I get sad again that I missed out on getting the form (I really didn’t have much time to play at the time). I’d love for another shot at these, but I know it’s probably not likely.

5 Likes

I hate all limited-time perks. Playing off and on for over 10 years, and I despise them for making some of the best mounts/mogs available only in a limited 6-month window when I didn’t have time to play.

13 Likes

I agree that Blizzard needs to stop removing things from the game; it doesn’t benefit anyone.

Personally, as a long-long-long-long-long-time bear, I never saw the appeal of the Mage Tower Guardian model. I want to play a bear, not a furbolg.

What’s interesting is that during Legion, I saw the Furbolg model everywhere. So much so that when somebody saw me in my Avatar of Ursoc skin, they would always ask me where it was from. “Is that the Mage Tower skin?” I would hear a lot. It never occurred to them that the form they see EVERYWHERE was actually the “rare” Mage Tower skin.

But what’s REALLY interesting is that I barely see the Furbolg form anymore. In fact I don’t think I’ve seen it in months. I do see Avatar of Ursoc - a lot - and I do see the default bear skin. But nothing else.

Makes me wonder which was the case: people wore the Furbolg when it was new, but got tired of it, or whether the Furbolg-wearers were mostly the FOTM rerollers who have since abandoned Guardian.

5 Likes

I see both sides tbh. I have some timelocked mogs/forms/titles/mounts and I like how no one can earn them anymore. There’s also mogs/mounts/titles I don’t have and PART of me wants them to become available again. Grass is always greener I suppose.

I do.

Bad decision for them to remove them from the game IMO. I didn’t play much of Legion.

2 Likes

GORILLA BOIIIIIII ILL HAVE YOU ONE DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
I love my owlkitty though <3

1 Like

I never much cared for the furbolgorilla look. I did manage to get sparkle kitty, even though I don’t play feral. That’s the only one I would have regretted not having.

What I use on all my bears is the Prestige (now honor) Ursoc skin from EN. Hardly anyone has seen it, and I get lots of comments.

1 Like

Feral mage tower skin was the one thing that I was determined to get out of the mage tower. I didnt even have a druid at the time. Wound up making one and learning how to play it just to make sure I didnt miss out.

1 Like

I want to get the Ursa (?) look for my tank mode. :frowning:

I die a little inside as well every time I see someone with the Pridemother skin and wish I had gotten into WoW during Legion. At least I still have owlcat.