Does anyone else get a sick feeling when playing the opposite faction

Personally I could never RP a Horde character unless it was a Tauren or Pandaren. Horde characters seem single minded with ‘Crush, kill, destroy; And muh honor.’

1 Like

Seems silly to me tbh. Playing exclusive to one Faction is totally fine and every player’s choice. But it’s hard to believe the opposite faction would cause them to feel that bad lol. At the end of the day it’s just a silly game where you can play as a fat panda, cow, and wolf person. It shouldn’t be taken so serious where you actually get physically sick.

Just my opinion. I play both factions and enjoy experiencing the story from two different angles. I usually have more fun with lore pride in my race rather than the whole faction. But I never take it too serious lol.

2 Likes

I feel a bit dirty playing the other faction, but thats just because I have always played Horde. If I want the other perspective I can usually find it in videos or other methods.

And to all the WoW forum health consultants… I am sure the friend isn’t getting actually sick and is more of a “sick to my stomach” play on words. Being overdramtic like Tovi mentioned is a bit silly.

1 Like

The only thing I cant do as Alliance is hurt Horde Blood Elves. Other then that I dont have issues playing VElves and Draenei.

A long time ago my father used to play WoW (During Vanilla and BC). He refused to play horde because he felt they were the bad guys. There was nothing you could do to change his mind. He only played one character, a night elf druid.

When I asked why he felt the Alliance was good and the horde was evil… he told me it’s because the alliance has humans and so does America. Thus it would be anti-American if he didn’t fight and destroy the horde haha

2 Likes

Long Long ago i once opted to join the Horde…I immediately began to have a headache upon reaching the character select screen. As I clicked on the orc nausea struck my body, and that is not even the worst part. The…Theee… feeling when hitting create character felt like it removed 5 years from my life. Sadly I could only accept the first quest before passing out at my desk.

6 Likes

Your friend sounds like he or she needs therapy, its a G A M E, ie not real, no one is asking he or she to join the communist party or being forced to take up cannibalism.

Its a game you pay for, get your money’s worth and see all that it has to offer.

I alternate between the factions so I don’t notice it very much, but my friend HATES playing alliance.

The changing camera position might cause some nausea from FOV changes. Going from this worgen to my goblin toon is weird visually. It bothers me less if I max camera distance.

That kind of blind faction loyalty is kind of gross to me. It is just a game, play it to enjoy not to take if over board. Best advice I can give.

1 Like

Every lfr I have done it seem almost all the raid hate playing alliance. So think there a few interested in playing alliance.

I like your dad.

1 Like

Sounds like you are the ‘friend’ you are talking about…at twenty, one would think you would be able to tell the difference between a computer game and reality, my daughter is 15, started playing wow when she was 8, even back then she knew this was only a game :wink: Loyal to a bunch of pixels? Ridiculous

Wtf?

I said I liked his dad because what he said was funny. Not sure how you got to this assumption.

3 Likes

Sick? No, not at all. But I’ve mained Horde so long that it’s hard to see myself maining Alliance. That can always change, though.

Sadly this is why I’ll never have a Dark Iron or Kul’Tiran despite them being very interesting to me. I can’t devote so much play time to leveling an Alliance character AND doing the war campaigns AND doing the rep grinds. I am trying with a Demon Hunter but even with that substantial boost to levels it’s slow going.

I usually just feel confused as I main Horde and have the Horde zones memorized by heart. Plenty of times I have flown to a Horde city or the Horde side of Dalaran on accident while playing my Alliance rogue.

1 Like

I’m just about to try and level a Nightborne mage bc I want that alliance wolf and to see the war campaign from the other side but my husband is all blue. Since all the Nightborne have funky faces I named mine Lindafromhr bc you know Linda just seems like a …

Pretty sure everyone has a preferred faction, but feeling sick playing the opposite faction just sounds like someone’s a drama queen.

I play both factions, must much more Alliance. I will sometimes get a bad feeling when playing Horde, but it comes from trying to navigate the cities.

I don’t feel ill from playing Alliance, but that part in the raid where we had to be them to find out what they did to the Zandalari… smh.

:popcorn: