Do your characters have an actual "concept?"

This toon is just a gatherer and nothing more. Once SL goes live and I make a fresh toon. That new toon will be more fleshed out and given a concept and all that other good stuff.

1 Like

I absolutely have a concept for every character that I create.

4 Likes

My characters are all special to me. They have names, relationships (familial as well as romantic), and backstories to their lives. I spend quite a bit of time when dreaming them up!

4 Likes

Each of my characters has my own head back story and personalities but I don’t do any kind of RP.

However I want to get the best performance I can out of my characters, and with the classes I want to main I’m “lucky” in that the covenants that perform best (as of now) don’t match my characters at all.

Not. A. Single. One.

I’ll still do it though. The power difference between the covs are to big to ignore.

Gg blizz thanks for the meaningful choice.

1 Like

I love how your avatar picture makes it look like your gun is right in my face.

I am my character
Sure I imagine them with some traits I don’t have, their personality is a little different and stuff like that
But for the most part they are a projection of myself with some in universe RP thrown on top

1 Like

Most of my characters have a concept, which one of the problems I have with the covenants is I look at them and think “none of them appeal to the concept of my character”.

For my Paladin, I might be going Kyrian more to rescue Uther from being turned to vengeance than anything else.

That and the transmogs.

1 Like

Given my server, my answer is probably obvious, haha. But yeah. I have 20+ characters but most of them are actually RP only alts, I only actually play a few of them, and level the rest so that they can use all my transmog (and so they can run legacy stuff for mounts). So generally, when I make a new toon, it’s not for a particular class or anything, but because I have an idea for a roleplay OC.

I’m a writer-y sort of person. I just enjoy it.

2 Likes

Yes a few of my characters do. The rest are just damage dealing, mount farming, gold collecting, whatever I need them to do avatars.

Autai rents out Mercs in Tanaris. Woman is a Man’ari but is a helluva good illusionist. Her goal is to further the survival of the Draenei race and most importantly her prophet Velen. She accepts that she will be rejected from her people, but it’ll be worth it if it means their survival.

1 Like

Yup. I like pondering little stories as I play. Helps during some of the duller bits of questing.

It’s a bit of self therapy too. Thanks to how my brain is wired, I have no goddang idea what my personality is. ( thanks bpd ya jerk ) I tend to stick some of my emotions onto characters which I sort of wear like a mask. If I’m around groups of friends, I often start mimicking them a little with stuff like dialects or common stuff they say. Since my brain is trying to fill the void in itself where a personality would often reside

1 Like

Yes… unfortunately things like tieing aesthetics to power choices (ie, covenants) get in the way of that and don’t “feel good”

1 Like

If story choices/ actions actually did anything and we could say changes (be a bad guy, civilians act scared, etc) I might be more inclined to see the concept idea, but with the current system of everyone is the champion of azeroth, it doesn’t really matter to me. I’m pretty much running on a is the gameplay fun reason for characters.

Every single one of my characters has a backstory and “concept” in my head. I’ve also wanted to RP for quite some time but haven’t jumped in yet.

1 Like

My DK is a reverse Gorefiend concept, a human soul shoved into an orc’s body, but I’m not really seeing an option to become a human paladin when I feel like it.

2 Likes

Yes. In my headcanon, this character was a pirate who sailed around on a vessel with random other people of various races from vanilla to BFA (also the reason she has so many exotic pets).

My two Highmountains, a Druid and a DK, were sisters who love each other still but are forced to live in very different worlds. DK died during the Drogbar attack and got rezzed when the other AR DKs did.

My Shaman is a grizzled veteran who is still very much not over Camp Taurajo (because that’s where I got bored and parked her between pre and post Cata).

I don’t RP them and it’s all in my head, but if I didn’t give any thought into them as RPG characters and strictly used them as gameplay vehicles I’d get bored SO FAST.

3 Likes

Vararei chose to become part-monster to help save her people. As “thanks,” her people shunned her. Thus, she wrestles not only with her demonic nature, but with the hurt and anger of being so profoundly rejected.

Often, she is tempted to cater to the dark side.

She doesn’t want that. She wants something better for herself. Redemption. Peace. It’s why she’s drawn to the beauty of Pandaria, and why she became friends with a Windwalker (my first main), who taught her meditation.

Now, in Shadowlands, there is a Covenant which Vararei feels may further help her in her quest for self-peace. But there is another Covenant, much darker, which whispers to her as well.

Which shall she choose? This remains to be seen.

4 Likes

i am a void elf
i am Fabulous

thats my concept

1 Like

Definitely. I have made characters without a concept but I don’t feel as engaged to play them.

2 Likes

I know this feeling so well. I can’t remember the last time I talked “in character” with someone that wasn’t in my guild, but I need to have a sense of guidance that comes from the character’s concept, which generally is the reason I have 36 characters: WoW has become very good at inspiring concepts!

3 Likes