Do you think Void Form is coming back?

So if you’re happy to trade voidform for what is effectively nothing right now, you’ve been playing this expansion without it on your bars?

Funny you should say that, because VI requires vampiric touch to work, and you can talent the entire tree without ever picking up VT. It’s almost as if ‘integral’ parts of the spec can easily be skipped because the tree is flat out badly designed.

1 Like

The first iteration of the talent tree is an obvious haphazard assembly. It makes no sense that the idol which interacts with shadowy apparitions is the capstone of the tree on the opposite side of the talents which grant, and empower, shadowy apparitions.

I really hope they remove all talents which make voidform stronger than its baseline, and that they nerf its baseline. If they don’t, we’ll have the same problem we’ve had since the introduction of voidform: too much power allocated to the voidform window.

#removevoidform

1 Like

Nope.

Because there’s a difference between me having it baseline with my spec and then having the option to take or forgo it in a talent tree that’s all about choice to begin with.

And funny you mention this cause this goes right back to my point of everyone having to wait till launch to see what the trees and numbers look like.

What a full circle, huh.

3 Likes

Derivative was vanilla Mindblast having the same animation as warlock’s shadowburn. Lazy was having a disjointed identity kit, with some plague priest aspect with the undead, the Starfall on night elves, later replaced for some vampiric theme out of nowhere that was already the realm of DK’s.

The more dominant theme of the spec always was its psychic aspect, so it didn’t seem farfetched at all connecting it to the void considering the theme of the void is mental subjugation.

The fact they brought back devouring plague without renaming it or giving new animations was truly lazy and derivative. There is nothing about the priest class that has to do with plague magics. That was a single undead priest racial ability, it should have stayed gone.

Would much rather they make Void Torrent a true spender that hits like a truck in its place. They could bring back its old function of pausing the void form window while it’s casting.

2 Likes

This is just not correct with Blizzard. They don’t ship to console so they have no partners they have to worry about on that front.

Shadowlands’ beta was having balance shifted and legendaries fixed right up to the last week.

I can totally relate to staring at my ui/cds. What a nice feeling that would be, to see the action again

2 Likes

I’m depressed but also glad that this is not just me.