Do you think a game that requires a monthly sub should have more BGs being developed?

The last BG we got was seething shore and THAT WAS OVER FIVE YEARS AGO!

theres lots of free games out there that get new maps every year. Why cant we get a new BG?

Me personally I think we deserve more BGs… what yall think?

oopsies wrong subsection. UWU XD EPIC GAMER MOMENT.

but still same thing applies to arena / rated imo.

more game modes would be cool imo.

7 Likes

Yeah, I think they’re just hesitant or put it as lower priority after Deepwind and Seething were poorly received. It would’ve been cool to have a battleground made in Revendreth or Ardenweald.

5 Likes

they could have just reskinned BG"s , like glad mounts

Revendreth reskin of old node capture,

Ardeneweald = capture the flag

prolly takes a dev team of Blizzards size 2 months to do it

1 Like

HotS Towers of Doom - but Revendreth themed

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Maybe too similar to Seething Shore, and it could be like stationary mine carts or whatever, but I just thought it’d be neat to see those zones.

Towers of doom was probably the craziest map I’ve ever played. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: So many insane comebacks.

1 Like

bet it would increase participation if they really made true events for BG’s and Arena, from the PVE’rs

idk seething shore made me stop doing bgs all together

every new map and new bg they make just make the game worse

I swear they need to open up a map developer tool to the public and allow the community to make arena and bg maps (like SC2).

Blizzard would still have the final say of course, but having a huge rotation of new maps every season would be a change of pace if nothing else and importantly it wouldn’t cost blizzard any development time.

are you suggesting a Roblox type of map market?

SC2 is the best parallel that I know. They took community-made maps, which are usually much better since the community tends to have a passion for it, and made them part of the official ladder rotations.

Obviously lines would have to be drawn and restrictions placed, but overall I think it would make pvp more fresh at the very least.

2 Likes

not a bad idea, an option to pick said maps would be nice too. Don’t want to be random forced into a map I don’t like

and this frees up blizzards combat team to work on other pressing issues like balance
win win

will Blizzard do it?
you know the answer, unless we make youtube videos w big faces and exaggerated titles to get views , might make enough pressure

1 Like

I doubt blizzard will do any of the suggestions from this forsaken forum. We’re all just here yelling at clouds.

5 Likes

Theyre too busy firing people for making funny goblin lines than giving us good content

2 Likes

I think a monthly sub for there not to be solo/duo queue RBGs is the real crime taking place here.

Don’t worry. Generative AI will change everything…

At least on Towers of Doom you know the sequence of where nodes will spawn.

And SS sucks cuz you can’t farm a flying GY and dying can actually help people beat you to nodes.

Fun fact, since May 21, 2013 we have had one battleground added and that was Seething Shore. So in 5 expansions now and 10 years there has only been ONE new BG added. And it was one that is still buggy to this day. From Vanilla to WoD (5 expacs) there was 11 battlegrounds added which is basically 2 per expansion. Strand of the Ancients was REMOVED in 8.0.1 so we have broke even really.

Ya. I agree. Even its the same game modes. Be cool to see some new BGs maps. ‘Capture the flag’ in a castle, with lotsa LoS. Be cool to see them reuse old maps even, like ‘King of the Hill’ on a stormwind map. They already have to graphical/physical maps created, why not use them for PvP scenarios?

I’d enjoy seeing some cool new features too though, like lifts, random wandering NPCs that one shot ppl, etc.

EDIT: they are partnered with CoD that does this…not sure why they haven’t learned. CoD uses the same basic game modes, just changes the maps, and ppl eat it up like its brand new content

They still have the Azshara BG sitting in the files that was never used as well. As well as a couple others.

Warfronts should’ve been PvP, like a moba style thing, but they went and made them the worst form of content (LFR), which obviously was abhorred and quickly abandoned.

Haha, whoopsie.

3 Likes