Do you still collect charms?

Soooo… I can’t really sell pets (not moving on AH) and I have enough stones and what not – or I think I do. I have 3k of these bloody things and nothing to spend them on. i could start stockpiling stones, but I can’t see needing that many next xpac. I just run the WQ out of habit.

Do you guys still collect charms or have you stopped? If you still collect, what do you spend them on? How many do you have? When is it enough to stop and what other cool pet-related stuff to do is there?

What type of charms do you mean? Shiny or polished?

I collect them and spend them on the stone that upgrades pets to level 25 so I can sell them for more gold.

Not actively collecting Polished Charms, no. I’ll go for it if there’s a WQ up that will satisfy a daily emissary or if I see one on the mission table.

I’m mainly saving them for now. If I need a pet leveled up or upgraded quality I have enough charms to quickly do it. Nice and convenient so I can focus on other things (like collecting).

It’s entirely up to you when to stop collecting charms. If you want to collect a bunch to have ready for the next set of new pets, go for it. If you want to stop, that’s fine too, no big deal. There’s no real loss either way IMO.

Only real risk with these charms is if Shadowlands will bring a whole new pet charm and replace the current ones. It’s happened once before (Legion to BFA). Some missed out on the chance to convert their Shiny Charms to Polished Charms, and now have a lot of unwanted/less useful charms lying around. Hopefully Blizzard will give us ample and obvious forewarning if any charm-changes are coming.

3 Likes

Pets don’t really sell anymore on the AH, I guess most collectors have all they want?
Charms are good for those pesky green pets or the purple stones to insta level.

I have 1000’s of them across toons, at least 3K, and wouldn’t bother buying a pet to sell with them on the AH since 8.3. Ill just stock up on stones before SL pops and new stones turn up (assuming that happens).

This. Buy upgrades. Even if you store them for later they are still worth having around.

I have about 1500 charms

I just use them to buy those epic “make it lv25” stones

I just finished leveling + rarifying one of every pet I own, so now I’ve switched to hoarding the upgrades for Shadowlands.