Do You Steal Quest Objectives? Why/Why Not?

If they’re horde I organize an alliance group to camp all the horde for 30 minutes. Then I get my quests done.

No and if the other person, Horde or Ally is having problems I’ll help them out and wait my turn. I believe just because we can hide behind pixels isn’t permission to be jerks.

6 Likes

This blacksmith item allows this for any class.

Funny timing on this thread. Was doing my Uldum/Vale dailies early this morning before reset. Fellow Hordies kept flying in as I was clearing mobs to take the quest objectives I was fighting over.

Been a while since I said “Seriously?” that often.

1 Like

They don’t work in the the two “new” quest zones :frowning:

If someone takes my item while I’m obviously fighting mobs to get to it, then I follow them around until I can do it to them a few times. I feel as though Druid flight form was made for this.

1 Like

I don’t think any playstyle of WoW is a commentary on your person and quality of character one way or another unless you’re deliberately crossing a line spelled out in the TOS. It’s just a video game.

I know other people do it, but I don’t.

Kinda related though, if I’m waiting for a mob to respawn and someone else is there who’s just looking for a tag because their gear isn’t good enough yet, I sit there and wait for them to start attacking first before I jump in. Probably the jerkiest thing I do.

3 Likes

Hopefully it gets the barding treatment which got a mount equipment version.

You went too far. It’s just a game. Have a heart!

Only if they did it to me first. Other than that, I don’t steal from people.

I’ll do that if I’m worried I may kill it too quickly. Letting them hit first means they have the tag.

1 Like

Druids do it often. This is a major reason that if this design continues into Shadowlands, I think Druids need to lose the ability to loot things in Flight Form; a majority of the herb / gold farmers are Druid characters for a reason as well.

3 Likes

I’m a pitiful pushover and let others get quest mobs before me.

1 Like

Why?

No, because I find it just petty. Thankfully I have shadowmeld, so when someone tries it with me I can always just drop the mobs on them.

1 Like

Horde: Never
Alliance: As much as I can, even when playing on my Alliance toons

1 Like

Because stealing an obelisk or quest mob while someone else is clearing to it, by swooping down in flight form is jerkish behavior. I would not call it a Druid issue, if any other class had such a world-benefit. Unfortunately Druids do have it, and it’s an unfair advantage over the other classes as a result. Not to mention, it’s also circumventing what the Developers intended. Namely that you should clear mobs to get to quest nodes.

That’s why the Great Worms were made I assume also.

1 Like

Yeah that’s my attitude as well. The only time I’m guilty of taking an objective is when someone has pulled the mob so far away that I don’t notice that they are there.

Because druids are the worst for jerkish behavior. They should not be able to take an objective without agro.

1 Like