Do you really want a nerfed world? TBC related

I didn’t play TBC when it was current, but weren’t there elite quests there? So there was still the same enticement for grouping?

I absolutely think people will be boosting them, why wouldn’t they be?

Shaman is one of the most stacked classes in TBC, and paladin is the best tank by far.

Moreover, the starting zones are going to be so packed because of the higher server pops, you’re probably better off spending your time boosting those roles than fighting through that initial rush.

Yeah, I heard that first few days was interesting, lols. My current thinking is that I will wait a week.

I like there being tight tuning at first, though I admit, as much as I am nochanges in general, I wouldn’t mind if they snuck in some way to ruin world buffs.

But really, the whole world buff thing is a community problem, and not one that Blizzard needs to deal with.

At this point, half of retail’s design is to manage community driven problems.

Weekly/daily lockouts to keep people from over grinding.

No meaningful choices so you don’t get left out of groups for making the wrong ones…

And so much more.

I don’t want it nerfed. However, I’d like to see changes made to take into account that the real world has changed since the day TBC started. We aren’t on dial up, we aren’t playing on basic PCs. And we aren’t the people who played back then.

The game has a fairly hefty number of disruptive people playing it - I dislike calling them toxic as its an overused term - and these are types who enjoy making the game miserable for everyone else because presumably they are miserable people. So the people in charge need to approach TBC from the point of griefing - to fix things that are easily griefed to the most disruptive effect. Like having major quest givers (aka AQ) killable, a thing easily fixed to no negative gaming consequence. It should be obvious to any developer with a decent understanding that Murphy’s Law was practically written for WoW.

I agree with it, 1 - 60 isn’t the game at 70, it opened the game up for people re-rolling, especially for new paladins and shaman.

Vanilla was vanilla, why should I give a damn about vanilla content in tbc?

1 Like