"Do you now see what that wretch Tyr has done?"

I mean, isn’t that the most annoying issue with primalists. Maybe if you TELL us instead of trying to kill us first we would not be at war now.

If all Tyr has done is that he took elementals and infused protodrakes with their powers - honestly that doesn’t sound that bad. Just some mad scientist stuff, Forsaken did much worse

2 Likes

They are even trying to perpetuate this corruption too no less!

They clearly aren’t very bright.

They were infused with Elements making them lab rats and are angry for it yet perpetuate said infusion upon Protodrake Eggs without the Eggs’ permission and rant about those who willingly accept the Arcane.

They claim the Arcane is unnatural yet don’t even look into the reports of Azeroth being a Titan for confirmation of such a thing being a lie from the Titans by attempting to communicate with her using their Earth Protodragons!

8 Likes

The problem with that is that they see US as part of what those “wretches have done” and see our removal as the start of the “correction” process. They’re looking to return Azeroth to the pre-Titan state of constantly battling elementals. And purge it of non-elemental life.

2 Likes

npc that says this is a bloody draenei, they are on this planet for like 15 years

“We will return these eggs to their natural state!”, the first boss of RLP yells, while infusing them all with frost magic.

9 Likes

Isn’t she referring to the purpose of the Halls of Infusion? I.e. that they uplifted the dragons by spiking the water.

Her immediately betraying her own cause is hilarious to me. “I will save these whelps! Nah I’ll just force them to fight you and die instead”.

3 Likes

The fact she apologizes and basically frames it as something we are making her do is extra hilarity.

7 Likes

How are the dungeons this expansion? I’ve gotten back into pvp this expansion and haven’t ran any of the dungeons yet. Well, besides the new Tyr one in the prepatch

Gah, this has annoyed me so much from the start of the expansion. The Primalists keep posing these kinds of questions… and never answering them, nor are our characters able to research the topics ourselves.

It’d be great if we had a Dragonscale Expedition NPC whose curiosity was piqued by the Primalists’ questions, and travelled to the Titan sites we visit anyway during questing to look for these answers even if no answers can be determined story-wise yet. As it is, it feels jarring to be presented with these questions by Blizzard and then have Blizzard deny us any way to actually react to those questions.

11 Likes

If the bad guys actually questioned their motivations too much, they’d realize what idiots they are being and either give up entirely, or reform to have more reasonable demands while perusing a more moderate goal.

Or, given just how deeply the Sunk-Cost Fallacy can sink it’s hooks into people, double down, keep lying, and continue fighting for a cause not only doomed but stupid with even more fanatical ferocity.

5 Likes

Sure, and that’s fine. My complaint is that when Blizz is trying to say ‘these guys might have a point (even if their actions are evil)’, they don’t give the player any options to react with ‘okay, I want to learn about that point they’re trying to make’.

“Do you now see what that wretch Tyr has done?” is a fun line.
It’s less fun when I as a player can’t examine the fountain in question, can’t ask the Aspects what’s with the fountain, can’t ask any Primalists about the fountain – even if none of these options change the gameplay of fighting Primalists, I have no option to consider why it is they exist.

7 Likes

I’ve enjoyed them.

2 Likes

That’s good. :blush:

1 Like

Her state of being has come from living around a giant pool of titan blood, so maybe she should try to go back to her natural state

I think she anticipated that the dragon whelps would kill the PCs. Having said that, it is ironic that she’s like “I’ll return you baby dragons to you to your natural state… by infusing you with frost magic that you never had before.”

“Fools! Do you not see what that wretch Tyr has done?!”

“No, I actually can not, in fact, see what that “wretch” Tyr has done. It hard to investigate between you insisting on playing lethal splash fight with me up and down the hall; constantly summoning angry murder puddles to try kill me; oh, and the angry momma murder puddle you stuck in the drain to clog the dragons toilet. Kind of hard to listen to your points here.”

Is sort of what I want to say to the Primalists. I really hope at some point we get some kind of interaction where our character just gets to absolutely BLOW UP at a Primalist and just plain demand straight answers from them. Like, after Sylvanas constant cryptic nonsense of “You don’t understand…” or “All will be revealed in time…” our PC should just flat out be tired of that BS.

In other words… I want a Baldur’s Gate moment:

“OK, I’ve just about had my FILL of riddle-asking, quest-assigning, insult-throwing, pun-hurling, hostage-taking, iron-mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you’ve got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I’m going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Khadgar AND his staff, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the Twisting Nether themselves wouldn’t touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!”

10 Likes

Still she’s basically raiding a nursery and throwing babies at us hoping they will stop us. It’s hilariously black when you stop to think about it.

1 Like

And then, with their dying breath, they tell me “You could have joined us!” as if this had ever been an option lol. Already annoyed the hell out of me from the Forsworn npc’s in Bastion, but at least with them you could understand their beef with the “purpose”.

Near as I can figure, the Primalists have convinced themselves that infusing living things with elemental energy is somehow reverting them back to their “natural state” because they’ve got some sort of twisted “all life is naturally elemental in origin” thing going on.

Kind of like Mechagon’s deluded goal of restoring all life on Azeroth to its mechanized titanic form, despite most life on the planet not actually originating as such.

I think their interpretation is supposed to be inherently faulty and informed by a biased belief that everything since the Reordering is a wrongful imposition of titanic Order that needs to be “reset” back to how it would be if they hadn’t changed things.

And frankly I get the impression that their interpretation may be deliberately incomplete, with how it’s framed to omit the eons during which the elemental world order had been subverted by the reign of the Old Gods. Their agenda is so narrowly targeted at the titans that I can’t help thinking it’s been shaped to purposefully ignore any other cosmic interlopers who’ve shared a significant part in altering life on the planet ever since Azeroth’s elemental masters were originally overthrown.

It also strikes me as strange that for all their talk of restoring Azeroth to a state of elemental rule, the actual rulers of Azeroth from that time never seem to come up in the conversation. Which makes me wonder if either the Elemental Lords are secretly behind it all, or if something else is truly orchestrating the Primalist revolt that doesn’t think the original rulers of the elemental world order are relevant or worthy to play a part in restoring it.

In that vein, one supposes it’s theoretically possible that there could be precursors to the Elemental Lords we know who got overthrown at some point and want to reclaim dominion of Azeroth for themselves.

I’m not defending her. I was saying why she did it. It’s still horrible and shows that the Primalists no longer have a valid point (if they ever did) and are just evil now.