Do you have specs that you absolutely will not play?

I refuse to play havoc or vengeance. That should tell you what I think of Demon Hunter class :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tanking is fun. However there a couple rules:

1. Never tank for pugs.
  2. Never tank for pugs.
  3. Never tank for pugs.
3 Likes

Monks and DH, any spec.
Monks just look goofy to me and If I do t enjoy the animations I can’t enjoy the class. I’ve tried DH once and hated it, just didn’t feel like I was playing WoW, more like Darksiders or maybe Diablo, hate the edge lord vibe as well.

For me its paladins. it just feels like dribbling on my keyboard, brain dripping out of my ears gameplay.

its like a kids toy, hit the shiney thing that lights up gameplay. i really dont enjoy it. and rogues have just never done it for me. its just not an archetype i enjoy. the only time ive liked rogue gameplay in any game was Aion online. There assassin had the most fun gameplay to me of any rogue archetype.

to be fair though, blizz have been systemically been removing a lot of the nuance and mechanical depth from classes since the end of WOTLK to most specs. most of the specs play almost identically now. enhance and havok are basically the same. build a little bit, spam 1 important move ad nauseam, a couple different ancillery moves, 1 cooldown. arms and shadow are basically the same feedback loop gameplay style ( at least this can be fun to play ), etcs. theres really not many if any specs that actually require effort now. which is very sad. the classes in wow are some of the worst out of all of the current bigger name MMOs. GW2, FF:ARR, ESO, BDO, B&S, hell even Tera online has a more indepth class system than wow.

you can have the most gorgeous game on the market, but if the classes play like trash its not going to be fun.

I never heal. Don’t enjoy it, won’t play it.

Yes, two of them on the same class, mm hunter and sv hunter both are complete garbage, why?

Loque’nahak! need I say more?

No tank classes. Last time I did that was MoP and it was just non-stop stress. Why pay to be stressed out?

Only healer class I play is Disc Priest and that goes back to picking it up when I first got into WoW many, many years ago. I’m about good enough to heal low M+ keys and that’s about it.

As for DPS classes, I won’t play Demonology Warlock or Unholy DK. I don’t like the class flavor for either. There are plenty I don’t play currently because they’re either not in a good spot this xpac or simply don’t interest me, but “don’t” and “won’t” are two different things.

I despise Unholy with a passion.

I’ve never like Affliction Warlock. It’s just too much micromanaging for me. Same for Balance Druid.

Survival Hunter was my main back in Mists but I hate what they’ve done with it since. So now that one too, I guess.

Every Tank spec… I do enjoy the fantasy of sword and board so I love the way prot looks but I am too afraid to tank. Healing I am perfectly fine with and enjoy doing but it feels like as a Tank you have to take charge and I’m just not that kind of personality. I also feel tanks have the most responsibility of the group. If only they would bring back Gladiator Stance…

Outlaw, Combat was way better and didnt forced you to be a pirate

its not that i refuse to play, but blood DK is one spec i can never seem to play well enough to do anything with, other tanks are fine, i guess its just a spec that doesn’t gel well with me :confused:

I won’t play survival. I was survival when I made this character back in wrath and never changed specs until I left the game before MOP’s launch. Now it’s melee? No thank you.

Outside of Hunter, I really have no interest in playing any tank spec. Groups expect you to know every dungeon and every boss, including whatever is the “right” route through the dungeon. I can’t be bothered with all that crap.

1 Like

Enhancement… we all know why :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Rogue and feral Energy classes, ironically they just feel so lethargic to me, i love the idea but it just seems like a lot of them from what i’ve sampled feel slow and lethargic with combo points feeling like less of a reward from other classes and more like a “Yay… i only do 50% of my damage to these low hp mobs and get beat up in the face by big ones where it takes 24 seconds for my bleeds to do anything” kinda feel.

Also if a move costs 50 energy, and you only get 10 energy pre abilities once every 5 seconds, that means you have to wait like 30 seconds to even use a ‘finisher’ and by then the mob is usually either A: Already dead B: Below 30% hp and thus massively overkilled or C: 40% savage roar fell off and you’re only doing 60% of your damage.

Another one is warriors, i’ve tried leveling them up a couple times but they just seem boring to me, sure a lot of stances and good ability balance, but not really thematically interesting to me.

They just look like anyone else in plate while Deathknights have the whole blood/frost thing going for them, Demon hunters have the fel, mages fire, druids nature and shapeshifting, etc. A man who just swings a axe around really hard just seems dull to me.

Tanks, most melee, and specs that don’t have a good self heal.

The other two, finding blood easy. I even solo with blood.

I tried to solo with undead, but there is so much to do. Since I’m two hand, have not really tried frost for years.

For me, Feral druid is the top spec I won’t roll. Ferals deserve nerfing in PVP. Period.

Assassination spec for rogues is also a spec I won’t play, as assassination should not be buffed further. Buff subtlety instead of assassination!

You

could :clap: not :clap: pay :clap: me :clap:

to play boomkin.

It is an insult to be asked to switch to boomkin.

1 Like

I’ve tried playing a DK on a couple of occasions, but can’t wrap my brain around them. The gameplay doesn’t feel natural. I also don’t feel a need to play a Warlock, for reasons I can’t really define, but the only pet spec I want to play is a Hunter.