Do you have a tribute character?

what i mean is like a character you made that is a tribute to something. be it a lost loved one; mom/dad/siblings/pets, etc…

if so why? and what is it? is it like a female character portraying said female irl or the gender doesn’t matter to you?

just wondering im thinking of making one i have maybe seen a small handful of people only most were BM/hunters and had pets named after their pets i dont remember if they were similar to their deceased pets though like a dog would be a wolf or something

1 Like

I will if I ever get the RaF transmog set. I’ll make a tribute to my dad. He always reminded me of Indiana Jones and we used to watch it all the time together. He even dressed up as him for Halloween.one year to take me trick or treating when I was a kid. Best Halloween ever.

I really miss him.

24 Likes

I have a Loque’nahak (spirit beast cat) tamed named after my Grandmother who passed away.

6 Likes

Several. But they all sounded silly to anyone but me when I started typing it out, so I gave up. But they mean a lot to me, for who/what they represent.

3 Likes

Yes,I do my late sis,me and bro both have a character named after one she once had.

6 Likes

I tribute lost acquaintances from past games by stealing their cool names.

1 Like

I have a couple different pet rats named after pet rats I’ve had in the past. Lizzie, Thor, and Loki.

Well I haven’t named them in game. But I call them that when I have them summoned.

4 Likes

My dead dog is one of my pet battlers. Should be easy to spot, its like the most common chinese name for dogs lol.

1 Like

No one deceased but I have named some of my battle pets after friends. I also have a lot of them named after types of bread though so I wouldn’t read too much into that.

1 Like

Closest thing I have is that I made a priest back in the day as a tribute for all the healers who healed me in BGs.

2 Likes

:arrow_upper_left:

Robin Williams, wish I could’ve provided a Soul Stone.

3 Likes

Guilty as charged

1 Like

That would kinda just make me sad

This is an interesting idea. I don’t and have never actually thought about it, made a few characters for who were my kids over the years and then showed them to the kids for some laughs but that is about it, nothing long term and nothing serious.

I have this character inspired by an Orc Warlock who absolutely smashed our team in Warsong Gulch back in vanilla. Sadly I could never even come close to matching that guys skill lol.

Probably not really what you were looking for sorry.

I have a nightsaber named after my first cat who passed away and the rest of the cats who passed away are named after the battle pet cats.

It’s probably not quite what you are looking for, but all of my characters are named after characters I liked from books that I’ve read. They all incorporate some aspect of the Characters ie: magic users in book = casters in game.

1 Like

One of my 4 Dks is named Scarlett. Someone who was actually special to me for some reason.

Despite her rejecting me in an utterly disgraceful way possible.

Ehh the closet I came to a “tribute character” was the Rogue I created in Wrath. I had just watched the video The Craft of War: Blind and it got me hyped for the class.

However, I would have created a Rogue at a later date anyways because I wanted one of each class. The video just encouraged me to do it sooner.

I have a few characters that are named after friends that have passed, I’ll keep their legacy alive so they can get some rest.

3 Likes