Do you feel less enjoyment by boosting?

Literally nothing will change other than the rules being updated to say “Post in this channel instead of trade”.

RMTers will continue to violate the rules and post wherever they want. Meanwhile, we’ll know where to go for legit boosters.

2 Likes

That Armory/Mount Tab count is waaaay off.

Out of the 811/817 (depends on which website you use), I have 613.

If they made the Sylvanas mount BoE and let mythic raiders put it on the AH I doubt guilds would be able to sell even 10% of the Sylv kills they’ve been selling (although to be clear, I’m glad they don’t.)

I do remember seeing an interview (I think on reddit?) with a guy who sold key carries, and he said the vast majority of people who bought from him were just there for the KSM mount - he offered loot stacking and hardly anybody took him up on it.

Personally the only reason I grabbed a couple 20s was for the ports for post-SL achievement hunting/easy Necrotic Wake mount farming in DF.

3 Likes

I just still don’t like it. The game for me is an escapism and a place to work on more immediate goals (no different than any hobby). To see metrics be distilled down eventually to a dollar value, just puts me off from the whole affair.

I just checked on PTR and that’s correct. /4 is active.

/leave Services

^^ Execute that command and poof, the channel disappears. I suspect a lot of people will be reminding others in-game how to do that.

It’s not though, check up on dataforazeroth. They have 956 total mounts. I think there they aren’t counting duplicates like the 2 swift zhevra and 3 magic roosters. Or the two (red and blue) “scarab day” mounts, which are somehow counting as mounts in the spellbook.

My mountID count comes from mount journal enhanced which unhides every mount ever made.

Indeed. While I love M+ and run a lot of it even where there is no reason to. I don’t care for the climb into the challenging key level, that part can die in a dumpster fire. Raiding is much the same way sure I like the heroic groups that one shot every boss because they know what their doing, heck even a couple of wipe were you explain what is happening and move on isn’t bad. But I can’t take the guild groups that die repeatedly to Anduin without any progress whatsoever over 40+ pulls.

Thank you for getting this part. I was starting to feel a bit nutty.

I definitely get this. I was disturbed and more than a little irritated when my brain first made the connection. But I’m ok with it now, its not any different than I do for any other part of life.

That’s actually a fantastic idea. If people are buying the kill for the mount anyway, why no cut out the middle steps? It would certainly make for less murky dealings.

They are duplicates. This site is better:

When you click on all, Horde and Alliance, it’s 957.

When you click on Available to Horde: it’s 811. Available to Alliance: 817.

I will never understand boosting for the most part and it’s really sad that people actually pay for boosts just to play casual content like random bgs.

I’m glad that we are getting the pvp gear scaling system in df as I believe that puts less pressure on people to pay for boosts just to play non rated content.

Pve boosting is beyond weird for me, but I do understand people that pay for boosts for that aotc mount when they don’t raid, but I blame the fomo tactics for that…

2 Likes

This is the crux of it. People don’t want a Heroic Jailer kill. They don’t want to make Shadowlands Season 3 Gladiator. They are simply told that these things have a cool cosmetic attached to them that will be made unavailable in the near-future. And if they don’t have the time and/or skill to get those things, but you’re still feeling that pressure of the item being made unavailable… the mind search for alternatives.

2 Likes

There’s no reason to feel pressure. I never felt pressure to get a gladiator mount even though I’m a mount collector. I just said to myself “pvp is not my thing” then moved on with my life.

FOMO is 100% opt in.

1 Like

Ill be honest this is one area of the game I have very little experience in. Unless there is a mount (season SL 1 was amazing and would have really went well with a DK,) weapon illusion or elite transmog that I really want like

I don’t see myself buying that particular boost. Oh and I guess it would be nice to get that 50 honor level bear which is easily my favorite bear form but I hate pvp and didn’t do the WQ grind when it was viable.

I mean I could attempt these things through normal play but I know its something I hate far more than going to work and I just as soon pay someone for a carry to get the items instead. If this had been the mythic color I could have waited 2 years to solo farm and never had a problem with it.

That’s a very personal thing, though.

The content is nevertheless designed to overtly prey on psychological tendencies. The same reason we buy something we don’t need if it’s 80% off. The same reason our ancestors would pick berries while they’re in season, even if food was plenty. You might regret not getting that thing in the future, so you better get it now.

If you can dismiss that itch, all the more power to you. But again, the game is designed to create that pressure to get the thing before it goes away forever.

1 Like

Indeed and it has been something I regret a lot in the past.

I would gladly pay twice the ticket price for the yeti PJ’s had I known they would be available. Or many of the early wow collectable pets. And that above set is worth $500 for me if it means it allows me to play a class I haven’t before without despising the way it looks.

The problem has been that you actually need rated gear to contribute in randoms so people will pay for boosts to x rating , gear up and just play randoms until the next season.

I do not enjoy my boosted characters as much as the ones I leveled. However, there are plenty of characters that I leveled over the years and boosted for an expansion (like 10 levels) because I was just lazy. (if by boosting you mean level boost - other than that I have never paid for dungeon/raid progress and if I did do it, it would be for the mount such as the AOTC).

Can’t speak for the PvE stuff but people who bought PvP achievements are very, very easy to spot.

Oh no doubt but as I don’t pvp nor am I trying to pass myself off as someone who is skilled at pvp (at all) this wouldn’t be a problem for me. I can see others getting irritated that it devalues their achievement hell I’ve felt the same way until now (and still do to some extent) but I’ve finally realized that I’m fighting a loosing battle. The token is never going away, boosts will never stop and its time for me to stop wasting time on things that are not profitable or enjoyable (the old adage if you can’t beat them join them.) If I ever feel like the cost is too high than its time to quit wow because this is what wow has become. Its a model that makes them billions with less effort so I can’t even blame them.

Before boosting we had something called Grinding, we had a currency we could use to obtain epic gear both a pve and a pvp currency. I remember the boredom in wow was also significantly less when we had pvp servers and no WM.

If raiding is your thing then thats cool, you could find like minded people to form groups and populate your friends list.