Do you (Blizzard) want us to reroll?

Is feral that bad, i always wanted to main feral and right now feral seems good in pvp. but reading a lot of people say feral will be mid or lower in DF makes me reconsider.

One thing I really wanted to see was guardian druids being able to use affinity abilities in form. Having to switch is a death sentence and makes practically every affinity useless minus the weak-arz passive.
What other tank in this game is required to sacrifice 220% armor, 45% health, and a GCD, to use their abilities? non of them.

4 Likes

I think some of the silence is because some of the druid pain-points don’t actually exist just in the form of talents. They are problems with our core kit.

And a lot of feedback is focused more on Druid performance than it is Druid gameplay, which sounds the same but isn’t, and performance feedback is important, but not at this stage of the alpha.

Performance can be fixed with tuning. Thrash can get a 1000% buff and druids will go from worst to best. Gameplay is more about how the class functions regardless of the numbers. Does having 1 AOE spender make sense if it’s not spammable? Is a niche of being a chad tank every 3 minutes but a weaker tank the other 2:30 an actual viable niche?

Gameplay changes are big. Lots of high profile druids, across all specs except probably resto, are asking for clamoring for core updates. Which probably means lots of talking internally about how to handle us.

And honestly, the potential that they may just decide the current ideas are salvageable and the chance we won’t get gameplay tweaks, just tuning.

2 Likes

After seeing that Druids get Mark of the Wild back I should have known that was probably going to be Blizzard ticking the box of “did something for Druids”.

It’s just extremely sad.

6 Likes

Don’t worry guys, they moved around two whole talents in the tree today after a month of feedback! (feral saved??!?!1!)

It’s not like other tress are released in a more complete state and have gotten feedback in a shorter amount time than feral.

That would be crazy.

Man, I LOVE spending 4 whole talent points just to get my own interrupt back, while other druid specs get their CC with 1 point on the way.

3 Likes

Durids with Alpha access are starting to give up, too:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/en/wow/t/feedback-druids/1279517/41

2 Likes

As of this post, here’s the breakdown at least on the forums:

Class Thread Started Responses
Hunter July 14 12
Evoker July 14 2
Priest July 14 1
Rogue July 14 None
Druid July 14 None
Shaman July 19 2
Paladin July 26 1
Mage July 26 None
Warrior August 2 2

I haven’t kept track of the changes to all the specs/classes to know whether maybe Rogue or Mage have seen some type of change or tweaks at least, but the druid changes have been sparse to non-existant.

I just don’t understand how a class released weeks ago hasn’t gotten any response but classes released in half that time have, just makes no sense.

16 Likes

TWELVE blue responses to Hunter lol, that’s just incredible. Feral might just be a lost cause at this point and the poster above yours that’s in the Alpha forums is completely in the right.

4 Likes

I’ve already switched mains to my shaman for Dragonflight. It’s not perfect, but its trees open up so much build variety and offer so much hybrid utility!

You know, like talent trees were expected to. To offer options, variety, utility. Some classes get to live out that promise! Others get major issues from SL ignored (Balance), broken talent layouts (Feral), and radio silence.

Edit: This was my main for the past 16 years.

1 Like

The best part about hunters getting 12 blue responses is that their trees are still all boring, uninspired garbage lol.

Hey all Druids need is 2 more blue responses and they’re tied for 2nd most!

1 Like

Since there was another round of changes this week, here’s an update my fellow druids:

As of this post, here’s the breakdown at least on the forums:

Class Thread Started Responses Delta
Hunter July 14 14 +2
Evoker July 14 2 0
Priest July 14 1 0
Rogue July 14 None 0
Druid July 14 None 0
Shaman July 19 2 0
Paladin July 26 2 +1
Mage July 26 None 0
Warrior August 2 2 0
Warlock August 9 1 0

I guess its great if you’re a Hunter, sucks for the rest of us, especially those who saw literally no changes in the weekly alpha build, unlike Mage and Rogue who did.

8 Likes

This is actually crazy to see. Feel like putting the work in the account for the number of updates for each class too? :slight_smile:

I’m not sure how much weight that would carry.

First, I don’t always trust the Spell Changes post on WH. It isn’t absolute, it’s entirely based on the build data from data mining rather than Blizzard and as we saw recently, you get changes for a class (Monk) that isn’t even yet ready for testing on the Alpha builds.

But if I did put together such an audit trail, I wouldn’t go any deeper than how many times did a specialization show up on Spell Changes. It would be disingenuous to compare two different specs that could have a larger disparity in spells than others, and really doesn’t prove anything really meaningful imo.

1 Like

Fair points. I just had no desire to spend that much time on it even if I felt so inclined.

Yeah I don’t know how you’d make sense of all of the updates too but it’s a fair point. For example, Rogues haven’t gotten feedback but have received more talent updates compared to Druids, including things people requested like adding in the NL cov ability for Sin and replacing one of the capstone talents with something better (Tiny Toxic Blade moved up and replaced with Kingsbane from Legion).

We get SI and IW swapped :clown_face:

You guys ask too much. If they spend any time on the druid trees, how will they find the time to add soulbinds for evoker?

3 Likes

Well look at DH. We still have no talent trees.

True, it’s very important that they make legendaries and soul binds for a class that starts at level 58. Feral is just gonna have to wait a few more expansions before they can get fixed.

I was thinking the same thing, but it’d be nice to hear them say they achknowledge the feedback and are actively working on it.

I’m going on a hunch that since druid is the only class with 4 specs, creating a GOOD talent tree can’t be easy. It’s likely going through multiple reiterations to get it right… at least I hope.

The thing is there’s a lot of really simple things they can do to vastly improve the class trees and they’re not being done, yet we’re seeing constantl changes being made (with or without communication) to a lot of other classes.

It just doesn’t add up unless there’s some massive fundamental changes being made, but I’m not holding my breath.

1 Like