Do this if you can't do that

Is there a way (cast sequence?) to do this?

1> If Mortal Strike is off CD, cast MS
2> If Execute is off CD, cast Execute
3> Otherwise, cast slam

I’m analyzing my parses and this is something that would help. But I’m still vague on the limitations of “cast sequence” and macros in general. Can anyone help? :slight_smile:

edit: reading up on #castsequence it seems you can’t do this. I changed it up a bit to just be:

#castsequence Mortal Strike, Slam

So that you never cast Slam if you can cast Mortal Strike. And this works in very high up-time situations. But after more testing, if you have to do a mechanic or something, it’s easy to hit MS, do a mechanic … and when you get back to target, MS is ready, but the cast sequence is on Slam. Which defeats the purpose of what I’m trying to do in the first place.

Just have to watch it better.

If anyone can think of a solution that works, please let me know. :slight_smile:

Macros can’t make decisions based on stuff like cooldowns. The only decisions that macros can make are based on the available conditionals. (So stuff like what you are targeting or your combat status.)

The macro essentials pin has a really good overview of what macros can and can’t do:

1 Like

There is a way, but it’s iffy.

There is hardware out there that uses depth-of-press control to allow definition of multiple, user-defined “buttons” - each with its own hardware event.

Assuming you can find one of these (the Swiftpoint Z mouse is one, for a few of the buttons), you can set up the depth-of-press controls to send A if shallow-, B if medium-, C if deep-pressed.

Make three separate macros: MS, Execute, and Slam.

Place MS on the “A” button definition, Execute on the “B” button definition, and Slam on the “C” button definition and you would have this effect assuming they’re all on GCD (I don’t know warrior that well).

I pressed Blizzard HARD to find out if this was acceptable and they refused to answer other than to send me to this forum for the answer and the answer I got here was, “If each depth-of-press trigger sends a discrete hardware event, it’s okay.”

If all you care about is cooldowns, then the answer is yes. The default check for a spell is its cooldown.

Edit: I’m incorrect. It would seem they’ve made a change at some point. Two abilities on the GCD can’t be macro’d together. So, this likely wouldn’t work.