Do tanks expect to be spam healed and kept near 100% at all times?

Well that’s when you just downrank further. I mean my most used heal right now as a Priest is a level 22 Heal rank 2. I only pull out a big Greater Heal if there’s a huge chunk of damage to heal up but even then, I find I use Rank 1 GH far more often than Rank 4 because Rank 4 just heals for so much.

1. In a group of palladins in a raid, you will want one of the palladins to have it to give to the tank. That’s why one of the standard holy builds goes for it. If you know another palladin will be able to give it, then you may chose against it, but knowing that a group will want a palladin with it - why not let it be me?

2. It’s very strong for AOE farming. I would like to play this game outside of raiding, and I would like to have a set-up that lets me be an efficient healer while in a raid, but also somewhat strong outside of a raid. Many people are holy-prot for this reason, rather than deep holy, because many of things in the prot spec will be both good for the raid (like kings), but also good for yourself when you are outside a raid environment. Many people say you need as little as 20 points in holy to make it work, which gives you freedom to place points in other specs. Many people go 20-31 (or some similar combo) because it allows them to be raid healer, a possible off-tank, and a set up that lets them aoe farm well.

I don’t plan to log in only when I raid, and re-specing is expensive, so I will go for a build that let’s me raid heal, but also gives some benefits to when I’m not raiding.

This far down the thread before anyone mentions healing threat.

I heal dungeons (my warrior friend and I try to do each one at least once) often. In a group pull situation, that means the warrior is probably hitting 50% before I hit my first heal.

Healing threat is divided equally between all mobs in combat. Tank threat is not equally divided. Gotta wait for the tank to spread the love a bit.

2 Likes

Honestly I haven’t mentioned heal threat because I haven’t had issues with it, at least not at 60. Tanks of all classes do their jobs more than fine when it comes to threat at this point, so it’s a non-issue.

Here’s some advice and stats from a pally healer.

By the time you hit your 50’s, you should have amassed a bunch of gear with +int and +healing on it. As a paladin healer, your most important stats are +healing, intellect, spell crit, and mp/5, and this is for a number of reasons:

1. Our fast heals are mana efficient and our slow heals are very inefficient, but heal for more HP within the same amount of time spent healing. Our large heals will waste our mana pool very quickly and are meant for emergencies with lots of incoming damage, which is opposite of how the game plays on retail.

2. Paladins have no talent that increases spirit-based MP regeneration. Because our fast heals are so mana efficient, and because spirit is a useless stat for paladin healers at endgame, you can have two paladins healing a tank - one with flash of light, and another with holy light - and across the course of a long fight, the one who was using holy light will have done half the total healing value for the same mana spent. And I will prove this down below.

3. Due to the above, you will conserve more mana over time by staying within the 5 second rule and spamming flash of light (rank 4 or 6, depending on incoming damage) than you will by trying to stand around doing nothing outside of the 5 second rule. Your spirit from gear at endgame will be so small anyways that even if you manage to get outside of the 5 second rule (which you won’t, with cleave damage / debuff cleansing / spike damage in high level dungeons), you’ll only manage 1 or 2 seconds of regen time which won’t give you time to replenish any mana at all.

+healing provides 42.85% of its listed value to Flash of Light, and 71% of its listed value to Holy Light.

Some HP-healed-per-MP-spent values for spells (no talents or +healing):
Flash of Light 1: 2.05
Rank 2: 2.19
Rank 3: 2.31
Rank 4: 2.42
Rank 5: 2.55
Rank 6: 2.63

Holy Light 1: 1.32
Rank 2: 1.475
Rank 3: 1.65
Rank 4: 1.82
Rank 5: 1.95
Rank 6: 2.07
Rank 7: 2.20
Rank 8: 2.31

You can see that without any talented healing or healing power gear, our flash heal is already miles ahead of holy light for mana efficiency. Once you start accounting for 3/3 healing light, stacked +healing on gear, and a high spell critical hit chance (which refunds our mana on crit heals), the values for HP healed per point of mana spent skyrockets for flash of light. When your MP pool is ~6000 with party buffs and your rank 4 flash heal costs 90 mana per cast and restores over 600 hp per cast (pretty easy to attain), you can see why the spam heal playstyle is favored by high level paladins.

+500 healing and 3/3 Healing Light will make your rank 4 FoL heal for an average of 627 hp for 90 mana. Spell efficiency of 6.97 hp-to-mana. The same buffs for rank 8 Holy Light heals for an average of 1827 for 580 mana, for a spell efficiency of 3.15 hp-to-mana. Again, two paladins, one casting rank 4 FoL in a non emergency scenario, and another casting rank 8 HL: the first paladin will have spent 270 mana to do what the second one did with 580. There is no way that you will spend enough time out of the 5 second rule to regenerate the 310 mana difference in endgame dungeons or raids, meaning that you will run out of mana far faster.

1 Like

When I’m tanking, I guess I’d expect to not die while the healer is capable of healing me, and to go into the next pull at full health. That’s really it. If I’m riding at 40% during pulls but I’m not dead, then I’m fine.

1 Like

Not really.

I’ve been trying to think of a way to explain it to you so that it gels with how your looking at the problem, to explain why downranked HL is used.

FoL is a 42.85% coefficient.
HL is a 71.43% coefficient.

As you stated that % is based on cast time. The problem is Blessing of Light is not.

If Blessing of Light were linear in regards to coefficient and cast time then:

FoL = +115 healing
HL = +192 healing

Ie HL would receive +67% more from Blessing of Light as opposed to Flash of Light.

Instead HL recieves +248% more from Blessing of Light.

Thats the mechanic that Paladins exploit with downrank HL.

Furthermore since (Avg Base Heal + Coefficient Heal Value + Blessing of Light Value) = Total heal prior to multiplicatives.

So that inflated Blessing of Light Value from moving to HL from FoL is also increased by 12% for talents…but also from crit%

I agree with your +100 heal advantage for a priest from +spirit sources.

But not with your 3000 to 4000 mana assessment, at least not without outside help.

At launch mana regeneration for Shaman and Paladins was very low. However with the introduction of Dire Maul and the BWL retuning to favor more MP/5 that gap eventually closed.

All you have to do is look at Mindtap Talismans, or a Mindsurge Robe as 2 examples to see the evolution of Spirit -> MP/5 for all classes.

Paladins didn’t really have a hybrid healing tax. They weren’t really meant to heal. The players found a way to do it is all.

Keep in mind Paladin abilities were completely rebuilt just prior to launch. There wasn’t extensive testing…it was a last minute build.

Blessing of Light makes 5 mans a joke when you consider that same Paladin brings Blessing of Salvation to the mix.

No other class has more tools to ensure that most damage is focused on the tank:

Paladins only generate 50% threat from heals.

Paladins can bubble to temporarily drop early threat generation.

Blessing of Freedom and Cleanses to remove movement and threat reductions from the tank.

Blessing of Salvation.

Blessing of Protection.

HoJ to account for mob shifts.

One of the primary advantages of having a Holy Paladin heal a group is complete threat control putting damage where it needs to be.

1 Like

Man I wouldn’t bother , you have put BoL or Sanctuary on people anyway. Then your raid may ask you for king. You should try healing in 21 holy 30 ret built can be both healer or dps role with a swap of gear. Got admitted last 2 tier of holy is trash , holy shock and 5 % crit

Ie HL would receive +67% more from Blessing of Light as opposed to Flash of Light.
Instead HL recieves +248% more from Blessing of Light.

To reiterate the math:
Holy Light (rank 4): 345 + 400 + X * 2.5 / 3.5 = 745 + 0.7143X per 190 = 3.9211 + 0.0038X hpm
Flash of Light (rank 1): 72 + 115 + X * 1.5 / 3.5 = 187 + 0.4286X per 35 = 5.3429 + 0.0122X hpm

No matter how much you increase X (+healing), Flash of Light (rank 1) will always be substantially more efficient than Holy Light (rank 4).

Holy Light is a high throughput, low efficiency heal. Flash of Light is a low throughput, high efficiency heal. This is different from other healers, where the big heal is both high throughput and high efficiency.

At launch mana regeneration for Shaman and Paladins was very low. However with the introduction of Dire Maul and the BWL retuning to favor more MP/5 that gap eventually closed.

While mp5 availability increases, mp5 is generally inferior to Spirit on a Priest/Druid as a regeneration mechanic and no class should be equipping mp5 in preference to +healing.

Paladins didn’t really have a hybrid healing tax.

Maximum rank Holy Light heals for 1343 + 400 + X * 2.5 / 3.5 every 2.5 sec = 697.2 + 0.2857 hps.

Maximum rank Greater Heal heals for 1916.5 + X * 3 / 3.5 every 2.5 sec = 766.6 + 0.3429 hps.

As you equip more spellpower, Greater Heal quickly pulls away from Holy Light. Healing Light is 12% rather than Spiritual Healing’s 10%, but Holy Priests also receive Spiritual Guidance and simply better gear (tier sets, Benediction, etc.) for more raw spellpower.

Druid builds are a bit too varied for an easy comparison. Shaman receive similar scaling as Holy Priests, but also receive a +18% bonus from Healing Way that makes them out-scale other healers.

You also need to keep in mind that what I noted above is the Paladin’s maximum possible throughput. Both Shaman and Priests receive multiple target heals that are substantially higher throughput than any form of single target healing.

So, yes, Paladins suffer from a ‘hybrid tax’ in Classic.

Blessing of Light makes 5 mans a joke when you consider that same Paladin brings Blessing of Salvation to the mix.

Paladins, with Blessing of Light, have lower single target hps than any other healer. When they’re trying to heal secondary targets without Blessing of Light, their hps is enormously lower than that of other healers.

As a result, Paladins struggle in 5-mans with healing demands that other healers can manage easily.

No other class has more tools to ensure that most damage is focused on the tank:
Paladins only generate 50% threat from heals.
Paladins can bubble to temporarily drop early threat generation.
Blessing of Freedom and Cleanses to remove movement and threat reductions from the tank.
Blessing of Salvation.
Blessing of Protection.

All healers generate 50% threat from heals.

All healers can remove a variety of debuffs.

All healers bring something to the table in terms of utility. Consider the Shaman’s ability to virtually shut down casters or the Priest’s ability to Shackle Undead. Very few people would choose Blessing of Salvation - which can be replicated by just playing well - over such abilities.

No…Paladins generate 50% less threat on heals…against other healers.

Healing a group in a 5 man is easier on a Holy Paladin than any other class.

In 5 mans Paladins don’t need heal utility…they have threat control.

In addition they can use Aura to either tank themselves…ie Concenctration Aura + channeling talents… or use Devo aura on the tank.

Also Divine Favor on a 1 minute cooldown may not be powerful in raids…but a mana free large crit once per minute in a 5 man is.

That oversimplification and nonsense.

Tell me how a Warrior or Warlock reduces threat in any other way besides reducing their damage output as 2 examples.

Even classes with active threat reduction as opposed to passive have to spend resources to utilize it…reducing damage output.

You keep forgetting crit…the fact that Paladins have more of it by default and that little sacrifice is needed to achieve more of it while adding +healing or +spellpower to gear.

This increases throughput, HP/sec in additon to efficiency.

Illumination allows Paladins to achieve 24% to efficiency, and +12% throughput all in one talent.

In raids any class can deliver adequate HP/sec… the key is the mana efficiency to sustain those levels.

When looking at pure healing delivered to a target…Paladins outlast and pump out more healing than any other class over any duration that tests a mana pool.

This had been proven again and again both from a an empirical perpsective and mathematical one.

Telling me a Shaman, Druid, or Priest have slightly bigger heals, but can’t maintain them is pointless as long as HP/sec is sufficient.

Especially when you don’t factor ratios into consideration.

You can cherry pick facts all you want…Paladins don’t have heal utility…but Paladins output more healing per mana, of more than adequate levels, to account for any given content.

This is why they top the meters unless you are Innervate Stacking, Mana Tide Stacking…or both.

1 Like

In one post you iterate that throughput is critical… but in anther you want a Paladin to cast a 72hp heal.

That is self serving tripe.

Holy light rank 4 offers more efficiency, more that sufficient HP/sec for any content.

Stating that Rank 1 Flash of Light represents the full scaling of FoL…while it can maintain HP/sec is nonsense. No one uses Rank 1 Flash of Light unless your in your 20’s.

Its like saying I’m gonna keep a tank up with Healing Stream totem! stop posting drivel.

You don’t have to. MP/5 gear comes with +healing on it…hence the shift from spirit to mp/5

So that means priests are gonna pass on a Rejuvenating Gem are they?! lol

I notice how you are stressing HP/sec and not mentioning mana cost at all, including talents. Nor, even at 18% min crit for a Holy Paladins affecting HP/sec calculations.

Greater Heal: 604 Mana, 2109 HPs, 843 HP/sec
Holy Light w/BoL: 476 Mana, 1952 HPs, 781 HP/sec

Paladins scale through endgame in a linear fashion.

Explain to me how a Priest is going to achieve a 12/13 to 1 ratio in healing, while delivering 750 HP/sec sustained for the entire duration of a long fight.

They can’t.

They never have.

They never will.

Stressing HP/sec, how big a heal can be cast…or exaggerating some utility over other utility…as if Salv isn’t insanely powerful…but shackle undead or ES somehow are more powerful is foolishness and I find the argument laughable.

Interrupts are easy to acquire in a group and the same with CC…which many groups don’t even use anymore.

Your fishing and diverting.

Paladins using BoL and downranked Holy Light outheal any other class in terms of pure numerical values over any length of a fight where mana might be an issue.

Ignoring scaling crit affects on efficiency or greater Paladin crit levels measured against Hp/sec just demonstrates your taylored argument.

Answer the question in bold… and I’ll consider your argument…but you can’t.

1 Like

This discussion is pointless, paladin are the best tank healer due FoL spam due mana efficiency but they can’t raid heal or deliver instant heal. Other healer can raid heal and tank heal

if nobody dyin. don’t bother giving so much value to complaints like that.

it isn’t defeatist to just say, yeah or cool. throwing fuel on fire only matters when lives are literally on the line.

Healing a group in a 5 man is easier on a Holy Paladin than any other class.

It’s not even a comparison. Shaman are the best 5-man healers. Priests are pretty close. Druids are noticeably weaker than either - and Paladins barely rate a mention. Paladins just can’t muster the kind of throughput that saves groups from bad pulls.

Threat management is nice and all, but it actually isn’t very important in 5-man.

In addition they can use Aura to either tank themselves…ie Concenctration Aura + channeling talents… or use Devo aura on the tank.

Healing Paladins rarely have much plate mail, so they have no appreciably armor benefit over other healers. You also lose all of your evasion while casting, which is why no healer can ‘tank’.

There are tricks you can pull with Righteous Fury tanking via heal threat, but this involves different gearing than you’d be using to heal 5 -man.

Also Divine Favor on a 1 minute cooldown may not be powerful in raids…but a mana free large crit once per minute in a 5 man is.

This is generally inferior to the ability of Druids and Shaman to insta-heal with their cooldowns.

Tell me how a Warrior or Warlock reduces threat in any other way besides reducing their damage output as 2 examples.

In a 5-man, it really doesn’t matter much. Salvation is primarily a raid buff.

You keep forgetting crit…the fact that Paladins have more of it by default and that little sacrifice is needed to achieve more of it while adding +healing or +spellpower to gear.

Paladins have marginally better int to crit, but otherwise gain no special advantage in critical. They may gear for more critical, but this significantly reduces the +healing they would be gearing. As noted above, critical is a horrible way to increase the size of your heals.

Illumination allows Paladins to achieve 24% to efficiency, and +12% throughput all in one talent.

Illumination does nothing for throughput. It does increase efficiency, but a Paladin with that much critical is almost certainly badly misgeared.

In raids any class can deliver adequate HP/sec… the key is the mana efficiency to sustain those levels.

In MC, yes. In BWL, no.

Telling me a Shaman, Druid, or Priest have slightly bigger heals, but can’t maintain them is pointless as long as HP/sec is sufficient.

It’s not ‘slightly bigger’ in cases of AE healing, but massively bigger.

In one post you iterate that throughput is critical… but in anther you want a Paladin to cast a 72hp heal.

They’re two different issues. What you’re trying to do is misinform people about Paladin healing by comparing a heavily downranked Holy Light against a max rank Flash of Light - despite the fact that no one heals this way. The fact is that the heals are balanced precisely the opposite of what you’re claiming - Flash of Light is more efficient than Holy Light, not less.

You don’t have to. MP/5 gear comes with +healing on it…hence the shift from spirit to mp/5

Gear has an itemization cost attached to stats. +Spirit is more efficient for a Priest than mp5 is for anyone.

I notice how you are stressing HP/sec and not mentioning mana cost at all,

Because when you’re talking about throughput, you’re not talking about mana cost.

Stressing HP/sec, how big a heal can be cast

I didn’t ‘stress’ it, but I did mention it. It’s critical for healing 5-man and it’s the key component of raids that are primarily healing checks. Basically, what you’re trying to argue is that Paladins are great at healing in situations where you don’t actually need much healing.

You’re also not recognizing that excessive healing efficiency is meaningless.

Interrupts are easy to acquire in a group and the same with CC…which many groups don’t even use anymore.

That doesn’t make them not useful. You’re trying to claim that largely superfluous Paladin utility is critical - but actually critical utility like interrupts and CC is meaningless. That’s not a winning argument.

You keep giving what is, frankly, terrible advice on Paladins. No, raiding Paladins do not primarily spam Holy Light (Rank 4). No, 5-man Paladins do not put Salvation on the dps. No, Holy Light is not more efficient than Flash of Light. No, Paladins cannot match the throughput of other healers. No, Paladins do not pile on critical at the expense of +healing.

Being a tank myself as long as I stay upright, as well as the grp the healer and myself are doing our respective jobs. I know especially lvling Arms I get crushing blows and crit more often than I should sounds like you’re running with tanks that either don’t know or don’t remember these mechanics. But if you get that from more than one person I’d just shut them up and give the special snow flakes what they want top Em off, and let them know they are doing a super job!

Did you even read his posts?

1 Like

My armor in healing gear, a mix of shield, mostly mail, some cloth and some leather is the same with Devo up as a Shaman in Chain + Shield.

My shield alone is worth more than leather and cloth…

Your oversimplifying again.

Then you group with crappy DPS.

This board is littered with posts about issues with threat control in 5 mans.

Then to fit your self serving argument you dismisss them…

If you use the 54 Int to Crit with +3% additional crit model the Paladins have innately 3% more crit than other classes and still gain over 10% more crit than other healers from INT.

For any other class yes. For Paladins it increase efficiency simultaneously with increased healing.

Most Paladins will start with ~5% greater crit than another class…thats 2.5% additional healing…eventually with 24% crit that can scale to +6% more than other heals…while maintaining 24% efficiency.

Again more generalized tripe to suit your argument while ignoring basic math.

Again your wrong.

Many healers utilized gear combinations that perform 2 functions. IE +healing + Spirit, or +healing +5MP/5.

Paladins have another option +healing +crit or +healing/dmg + crit.

The gear is there, its easy to find

And again more generazlized nonsense from you.

In MC, BWL, and up to AQ40 chain casting HL Rank 4 is enough to top meters. You can ramp to Rank 5 if needed, but its not really necessary.

No what your not getting is the base heal is only part of the equation.

Blessing of Light is another.

As is coefficient values.

HL is more efficient in HPs to Mana than any other Paladin heal. The math has been show, the math has been tested…and its fact.

Throughput factors not just the amount of healing during a temporal interval, ie HP/sec…but also the duration of interval it can be maintained over…ie 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, etc that it can be maintained.

Which is Mana Pool, Regen Rates, Efficiency Ratios are key to figuring that out.

Again simplified drivel on your part.

You are ignorant.

I can’t help that.

I knew you were full of crap the moment you suggested that Illumination was weaker than 15% mana reduction for Priests because it took 5 talents points.

That was reinforced when you suggested Earth Shock or of all things Priest CC matched the utility of Salv, reduced heal aggro, DS, BoP, or Cleanse…

I mean seriously, you listed Shackle…thats pretty desperate.

Holy Light with BoL, after a certain threshold, before you start raiding actually, is more efficient. The math and formulas are there…your argument is “NO ITS NOT” like a petulant child.

Paladins do indeed pursue crit and the cost of some + healing. There is a reason that the Azuresong Mageblade became a drama issue in some guilds between Paladins and Mages.

Or was I to pretends that such itemization never existed! :stuck_out_tongue:

As to threat in groups, just read the forums… a multitude of threads exist in regards to AE groups, Warriors tanking with 2 handers, etc that show that threat is a concern. Again you saying no…doesn’t change that.

You post just like a Druid troll on these boards…Ohshift something or other.

Empty conclusions, no math, no data, no experience on the class, merely self serving nonsense meant to self aggrandize.

2 Likes

My armor in healing gear, a mix of shield, mostly mail, some cloth and some leather is the same with Devo up as a Shaman in Chain + Shield.

In other words, you’re just re-stating what I did: that Paladins have no appreciable armor benefit over other healers.

This board is littered with posts about issues with threat control in 5 mans.

Because there are crappy dps. Good dps know how to manage their aggro.

If you’re casting Salvation over Wisdom, Kings or Might on your 5-man group, you’re just a bad Paladin.

If you use the 54 Int to Crit with +3% additional crit model the Paladins have innately 3% more crit than other classes and still gain over 10% more crit than other healers from INT.

If your Paladin has 300 Int, that’s going to be 300 * 1.1 / 54 = 6.1% critical. On a Priest, it would be 300 / 59.2 = 5.1%. That’s 1% more critical.

Moreover, it’s ignoring gear. Take a look at Priest and Paladin tier one. You’ll notice that Priests get +2% critical while Paladins only get +1% critical (and the Priest 8-set is +25% critical on Prayer of Healing).

So, no, Paladins do not have some sort of ‘innate’ advantage in critical.

For any other class yes.

It’s merely less horrible for Paladins. Critical is still behind +healing and Intelligence for Paladin gearing. Even then, it’s questionable once you gear up a bit because Paladins reach a point where additional mana efficiency just doesn’t pay off.

Again your wrong.

Illumination does nothing for throughput. Read the talent. All it does is provide a mana discount.

And, frankly, it’s a superfluous mana discount in many cases. Bear in mind that Horde-side guilds use the least efficient healer - Shaman - to do the same content and don’t have problems with healing.

Indeed, if it were just a debate about healing, no sensible person would ever pick a Paladin over a Shaman for raiding. Why would you pick a healer with low throughput and no multi-target healing when you could pick a healer who has high throughput and multi-target healing when neither are running out of mana?

In MC, BWL, and up to AQ40 chain casting HL Rank 4 is enough to top meters. You can ramp to Rank 5 if needed, but its not really necessary.

If you think healing is about ‘topping meters’, you really need to stop talking now.

The goal of healing is not to heal as much as possible. It is to heal as little as necessary.

The only reason Paladins ‘top meters’ is because other healers let them top meters. In a healing team, you want to have your various healers only do what they do best. Paladins are the best at spamming light, fast heals - so other healers don’t bother to heal that damage and let Paladins handle it.

That being said, any time a raid is under meaningful healing pressure - you’re short on healers or it’s a healing-intensive raid - Paladins are near the bottom of the meters because the other healers ramp it up to levels of throughput Paladins can’t match.

No what your not getting is the base heal is only part of the equation.

No, I’m getting what you’re trying to say. You’re just wrong. I’ve shown the math multiple times during this thread.

Throughput factors not just the amount of healing during a temporal interval, ie HP/sec…but also the duration of interval it can be maintained over…ie 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, etc that it can be maintained.

If you want to optimize healing this way, you need a singular cost function. So, you can ask something akin to “what healing pattern will generate the most efficiency if we require X hps?”.

So pick an X. Because for every ‘X hps’ you pick below the maximum throughput of Flash of Light, your healing rotation will be primarily Flash of Light.

That was reinforced when you suggested Earth Shock or of all things Priest CC matched the utility of Salv, reduced heal aggro, DS, BoP, or Cleanse…

Salvation is, as I pointed out, mostly useless in 5-man. You should never be casting it in a 5-man over buffs that actually improve performance.

On the other hand, consider Earth Shock. In many level 60 dungeon fights, Earth Shock is 30 mana to stop 2k+ damage - on a 6 sec cooldown. That’s enormously more efficient than anything a Paladin can do. Likewise, a Poison/Disease Cleansing totem can prevent thousands of points of damage for a trivial cost.

Holy Light with BoL, after a certain threshold, before you start raiding actually, is more efficient. The math and formulas are there…your argument is “NO ITS NOT” like a petulant child.

No, my argument is to repeatedly show you the actual math that demonstrates your assumptions are wrong. Flash of Light is more efficient than Holy Light. It doesn’t matter whether the target has Blessing of Light or not. It doesn’t matter how much +healing or critical you have. A Paladin’s most efficient heal is Flash of Light.

This is basic Paladin knowledge - and the fact that you don’t know it speaks volumes.

Empty conclusions, no math, no data, no experience on the class, merely self serving nonsense meant to self aggrandize.

I’ve literally shown you the math multiple times now.

I’ve played Paladins at every level of the game.

I’ve pointed you to the logs which demonstrate that top players simply don’t heal like you suggest Paladins should.

Yet you persist, despite the mountains of evidence, in insisting ‘your way’ is the right way.

I’m done quoting you because its pointless.

Its simple:

Endgame 24% crit, 1100 +healing

FoL Rank 6: 104 mana, 1198 Healing, 799 HP/sec, 11.51 ratio.

HL Rank 4: 145 mana, 1920 Healing, 768 HP/sec, 13.24 ratio.

Most Paladins at that point move to Rank 5 Holy Light…you can’t upgrade past Rank 6 FoL

HL Rank 5: 209 mana, 2163 Healing, 865 HP/sec, 10.35 ratio.

Thats overkill on HP/sec in all content for raid healing.

That’s a ratio that Priests can never achieve.

As a result Priests don’t have the endurance of a Paladin.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Paladins generate more than enough HP/sec to raid heal any stage of this game.

Now explain how a priest can even remotely match the ratios or endurance of a Paladin while maintaining necessary HP/sec and I’ll agree with you…but you CAN’T!

Using MC as a means of saying it isn’t necessary when we still have much longer fights coming is silly. It WILL be needed.

Moreover every Paladin can confirm what I posted. It’s easy to ferret out the truth.

It works. Your sophistry and BS doesn’t change that.

2 Likes