Do servers/battlegroups matter?

Haven’t PvP’d in quite some time. Been leveling this Resto Druid through dungeons, but would like to get into PvP a little.

Did about 15 BGs. One win. Are there servers/battlegroups that are better at PvP, or is everything just mixed together and this was a bad streak?

Apparently I can’t edit.

I thought I was posting under my Druid. Just a level 99 Resto Druid with Heirlooms.

edit: ah, there we go

just a bad streak, but Alliance does a lot better at lower level bgs than they do at 120, I have noticed this leveling many characters via bgs.

No battlegroups … everyone in one region is in same pool. Below 120 BG’s are very streaky … at 120 , it’s about 50-50 for small BG’s and about 60-40 in Horde favor with epic bg’s

Good to know. I’ll chew it out a bit longer.

Also, being a healer looks like I’m having a bit longer queues because games limit the amount of healers? Read that somewhere. Seems like a good explanation why.

Would be sort of neat to try to level a character strictly in BGs. Maybe I’ll start a DPS character and give it a shot.

Been playing since Closed Beta in 2004. Never gave PVP a chance. Its not all that bad I guess.

Horde in general has longer que times, has nothing to do with the spec. If you’re lucky and people are mercing Random bg ques will be 5 minutes but if not enjoy the 20 minute ques!

That’s what I’m doing with this char, previously I leveled a holy paladin and I did a disc priest in MoP/WoD. Healers can have longer queues but also can have shorter queues when there aren’t a lot of healers queuing. There’s seldom a lot of healers queuing. Healers can also have a bigger impact on win or lose, if you’re a BG healer I’d definitely say try a healer.

EDIT: To the OP. We don’t have battle groups like we once did but the algorithm for building BGs seems to take distance into consideration to reduce lag so you have a meta specific to your circumstance.

You have to be 110 to merc.