Do Not Nerf Tower Ranger Title 9.2.5

Good afternoon,

I noticed in the 9.2.5 patch notes, that:

• Tower Ranger criteria now requires The Jailer’s Gauntlet: Layer 4 (was Layer 8).

This is extremely frustrating and a disservice to the players who spent HOURS and hours attempting to climb Jailer’s Gauntlet Level 8 to acquire the title. I obtained that title/feat and understand how difficult it truly is. I’m okay if Blizzard wants to “nerf” the achievement to make it more accessible to others, but if they do that, I believe they should change the achievement/title to something else. The players who acquired “Tower Ranger” by completing Jailer’s Gauntlet 8 should keep that title. Anyone who acquires it with a level 4 completion should be granted a different variant of the title. It’s simply not fair that those who dedicated so much time and resources into acquiring a rare title be stripped of that feat, especially when Level 4 is so easy to complete. It would be like granting “Gladiator” to 2,100 rated players or “Cutting Edge” to those who only complete Heroic. Please reconsider for those who actually put in the time to obtain it. Alternatively, please add another special reward for completing Jailer Gauntlet Layer 8. With the patch note modification, there is no reward for completing the hardest torghast level.

10 Likes

Exactly. I could not agree more with this. These types of continued changes will eventually cause larger and larger portions of the community to not participate in content with the expectation that it will be blindly made easier in the future (with enough “[Insert Item here] is not worth the [Insert time or effort here] to me, so make easier.” posts). Developers will then respond with more FOMO content to forcibly drive the playerbase in that direction, which in turn will cause people to feel forced / obligated to play content they do not want to. Then, with developers wondering why people are not participating in new content, some players feeling like their time/effort is devalued, some players feeling forced to do content, some players wondering why they can’t access last season’s rewards, we will come together bang our heads on the wall and wonder why everyone hates everything.

This is the entire point of the Value Preservation post (Discussion: Skill-Based Difficulty, Time-Based Difficulty, and Value Preservation), though technically, because the content is current, they would be in the clear according that post. Maybe I can modify that later.

Either way, there needs to be a reward for Layer 8 to replace what was made easier (the assumption right now is that there is not a replacement reward, because I didn’t see anything in the patch notes).

7 Likes

If they’re moving the reward without adding anything to replace it and not providing any context as to why, I’d chock that up to miscommunication on Blizzard’s end.

We should have something to go off of.
A little note or paragraph on the patch notes regarding the change would be really appreciated.

5 Likes