Do NOT Ban Boosting Communties!

It means that boosting is illegal and people that pay to win can get banned. Thats all i care about . I want to play a Non Pay to Win game. If its bannable then im cool with it and im fine with it.

If you want to boost its at your own risk of getting banned\scammed. Your fault. No issue here people. Wow is getting clean again

2 Likes

:clown_face:

You should probably actually read the blue post.

I read the summary what did they say? boosting for gold is still fine to do? What did i miss…
–edit
oh i just read it so pay to win is still a thing but trade chat isnt dead anymore. Okay cool

You guys put this on yourself for ruining trade chat

2 Likes

When the sub was 15$, the prices of making games weren’t as massively high and the economic situation worldwide wasn’t as crappy as today. 2007 15$ isn’t 15$ today, yet the sub price remains the same. Making a 3A game in 2007 isn’t like making one in 2022, the studios licenses prices, the upkeep cost, increased personnel.

People have to understand making games isn’t free, and if you’re not running ads, no massive e-sport income, the sub price already cut short with tokens for gold (so technically free) doesn’t cut it to get the money back + make more to keep it up 2+ years with updates and people working + new expansion. You need micro transactions or higher costs, but apparently you people think games are free or cost like 20M to make… no, WoW costs over 100M every expansion, way more actually

All boosting for “money” is forbidden. Guilds and communities that “boost” by their own help, are allowed, but not “selling” boosts. For example, if you enter BlackPepes guild and they have a group that boosts to guildies, sure you’re free to get boosted, they’re your buddies. But that guild can’t sell their boosting services in any official WoW channel anymore. those WTS in LFG?

http:/ /prntscr.com/26mqvi7

Like this, taken at this exact moment from the legacy LFR, WTS with DC sevices, not allowed anymore, and I’m going to report that rn.

That’s not correct.

And LFG ads have been against ToS for quite a while already.

Also

That is correct because it is not a paid service and doesn’t flood any channel. You just said it in the comment below:

“in-game items or activities for in-game currency”, and I strictly said “real money”.

You said:

that guilds couldn’t sell their boosting services to others or in any “official channel”. That’s what’s being corrected.

RMT boosts have always been banned. LFG ads have been against ToS for quite a while. The only thing this change does is kill off the gold-only boosting communities who abided by the rules.

that is a good point, but the token increases revenue for the same subs. when you go to buy 30 days of gametime with gold, someone had to pay $20 for that gametime. meaning your gametime is worth $5 more per month than a monthly subscription player’s.

i also think you have to remember that in the mind of a gamer, what matters is the quality of the game, not the amount of profit it generates.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t. Blizzard clarified on this where it’s just organized communities doing it. They said specifically this was to target groups that disruptively advertise on every server like what is it, Huokon?

Boosting with guilds is still very much allowed, this just takes it out of communities spamming trade chat and instead to established guilds, which also just kind of furthers that gap and does nothing since boosters are going to congregate in guilds and build a name for themselves anyway. In MoP my group that we sold CM boosts with was in a guild literally named “We Sell CM Carries”

The specifics of it are not that boosting is bad, the problem is the spamming so they went specifically for middlemen, i.e communities who let you advertise under them, be a part of them, but they get a cut of all your proceeds like the manager’s 10% cut kind of deal. Players who aren’t a community and just advertise “Selling +15 carry, XYZk” in trade as a ragtag are also fine. You just can’t be a part of Huokon, Gallywix, etc.

This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency. However, “boosting communities”, especially those who operate across multiple realms, are no longer permitted.

Their exact words.

1 Like

ANd my google on that note is pushing the gold dealer sites that provide these services already.

Creepy

1 Like

Google has been pushing the gold dealer sites for years if you watch any WoW media on youtube you are added to the “target” market for RMT boosting and private server ads

2 Likes

My worry is that this is legitimately a part of their decision making tree

Fortunately there aren’t prerequisites for participating in discussion on the forums. Some people just can’t get past the fact that whether they like it or not, they are amongst their peers here. The shaming is just an attempt to form an echo chamber.

sounds like you’re part of this community lol. Heck no. Get rid of them all. This game doesn’t need it. Let us go back to having to rely on each other for the purpose of wanting to help and not just expecting something in return.

I really hope all difficulties above normal go away with 10.0. This removing the boosting communities seems like it’d be followed up real well by removing all the higher difficulty levels from the game.

2 Likes

At the end of the day, booster and advertiser were just players that played the game. Most of us done it because we love M+ content, and we dislike other things like questing/xmog/ other.

I have been both an advertiser and booster for many years now, we always went with what was TOS has stated whatever blizzard has put TOS we follow

so all the nasty comment over people that were obeying the TOS isn’t needed and the trolling in trade

What done is done, let’s just look forward to new content coming in 9.2 than sit around and argue about this

There is no point in fighting and arguing over the topic, we all love the game that why we play

2 Likes

Just quit the game already.

5 Likes

I mean if you do it for the love of the game only then you won’t mind running my alt through a few 15s for the love of the game and love of m+

they are not stopping boosting just the predatory “communities” which by now is an industry. end of the day people and guilds can sell runs on their server now and by the clarification of blizzard is that you can sell cross-realm long as there is no middle man and or part of a community