Do hunters suck in torghast or something?

I just did all 8 layers in twisting corridors solo and dear god that was boring and painful.

Hunters have 0 fun torghast abilities (theyre basically just generic damage increases and youre forced to build crit damage to have any chance at all) and your pet is a wet noodle that can’t tank anything. In fact the only reason I could complete the last couple layers at all was because I made my tar trap slow 95% and just nickel and dimed the bosses to death.

12 Likes

It depends on the powers you get.

None of them are particularly game-changing when it comes to how you play the class sure. But the “generic damage increase” ones can be quite fun if you get them stacked correctly.

On my last TC run was pulling 200k+ dps on the last boss, sure it was my normal rotation but doing that kind of damage can be fun.

1 Like

Yes, hunter specific powers suck. I had to pug my TC layer 7 and 8, where I was just running around, throwing tar traps and buffing demonology warlock’s felguard with misdirection so it basically did 400k dps on last boss. The only good regular torghast runs are the ones where you get multiple Lens of Elchevar powers and alot of crit chance, the it becomes a breeze.

4 Likes

BM Hunter is not interesting or even good in Torghast. You do however make a party good, but that doesn’t show up on the damage meters.

MM Hunter can be a blast, especially as Venthyr when your Kill Shots and Aimed Shots start hitting for a crap ton and you have a bunch of haste.

SV Hunter- never done it

BM - in TC its all about being teamed up with a DPS (I did with a Shadow Priest) Then you just take as many items as possible to boost your HP’s and 3x Leech power. Highest I have seen is pet close to 600k HP’s. Then your job is simple, keep the pet alive with aggro on boss while your partner kills it.

Weekly torgast, no issue as BM just slower than top specs . Again favor leech and HP.

1 Like

Hunters are a bard class in Torghast. All utility.

2 Likes

garbage anima powers.

your melee weapon does 300% more damage. Blizz am not sv! stop giving me this powar.

3 Likes

After running a Shaman through Torghast (both as Enhance and Elemental) and basically being a god with perm. earth elemental, free lust every 30 seconds when you drop a totem (which also stacks with the power where lust grants you free Ascendence) & massive stacking heals, the disparity in Anima Powers really is insane.

10 Likes

In my experience as a hunter main with priest and shaman alts - and running Torghast with several others over time - I’ve found that hunter abilities are really incremental and you need to clear as much as possible to defeat the end bosses in Twisting Corridors. Other classes just seem to need to get a couple specific abilities and then they can skip entire floors and two shot the boss.

6 Likes

I am slowing doing corridor…i soloed layer 4. Was long cause I cleared all the floors. I am doing this cause I want to get the mount BUT a friend told me that in 9.1 all mounts will be available on use in the maw. If this is true does it worth keep losing time in corridor?

Yup. Same thing I did to get the mount. Pet becomes worthless around floor 16 or so of layer 8. I dont understand why the dev team buffed the snot out of lock pets and that shammy rock elemental and our pet is basically insta obliterated over and over. All these people saying ‘well you can get 300k health! Whats the problem??’ I worked on it for almost two weeks, did a run a day after work until I managed to get the right powers and a boss at the end that I could beat. And I never got above 145k. Either these people are extremely lucky or they are talking out of their rear end.

8 Likes

I usually do torghast on my hunter in a group with another hunter friend, and I gotta say, it is really boring on hunter. You need very specific powers to ‘snowball’ and they’re basically just “increase damage by x” or “increase crit by x”. Pretty boring but at least useable when you actually get them. The more annoying problem is that we have so many absolute trash abilities that can quickly ruin a run. Some of these abilities just make no sense as general hunter powers.

3 Likes

TO be honest the problem with TC or Torghast in general is most of the abilities we get there are mostly offensive ones and a lot of times to get higher up you need more defensive ones which seem to come few and far between .

Theres not much that changes your play style but as someone mentioned the fun of it is seeing how much you can stack your damage to see those numbers fly.

the tower is boring and painful to all classes, not just hunter

At least lvl 8 of the regular torghast is easily solo able at bm. U could sleep through the whole thing

Coming from a shaman the hunter anima powers are extremely boring. Nothing interesting or game changing for your pets and 9/10 of the powers seem to be useless trap buffs in comparison to shaman, for instance, which have very fun practical abilities.

2 Likes

Hunter powers suck. Half of them are pointless utility or CC garbage that have no use.

4 Likes

It’s absolutely unacceptable that the team behind Torghast refuses to buff mend pet or buff the armor on our pets or give us better overall healing on our pets or boost the health of our pets.

We can’t even out of line of site heal our pets, which is ridiculous. I did all 7 layers of TC solo and only because I used the Tar Trap 95% thing, and even then, that pet dies over and over and over on some final bosses.

For Final Layer 8 I treated myself and joined a group, way less stressful.

2 Likes

Agreed. PETS in Torghast suck. Its painful to say the least.

3 Likes